Fire academy graduation

Halligan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well......

Good news - I made it!!! Many of you may remember that I got hired back in January, and started the academy in February. We lost over 25% of the people we started with, and fortunately I was one of the lucky that made it through. I get my badge in about 3 hours :rock: :rock: .

I will post pictures of the graduation - I guess it's supposed to be a pretty big deal :dontknow: :dontknow:

Here's some pics from family night on Thursday where we got to show our fams a little bit of what goes on.... :D I'm on the left in the first one...

We did a little propane prop action, and some of you might notice the hole in the 5" hoseline spraying in the air in the background. Ooops

Attachments

• DSC_0742.jpg
    DSC_0742.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0717.jpg
    DSC_0717.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0673.jpg
    DSC_0673.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0731.jpg
    DSC_0731.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 34
congrats Kyle! good luck going foward. I am going to send you a PM about something

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: CONGRATS BRO ILL DRINK ONE FOR YA:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: BE safe out there.:D

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Congrat's Brother,
Seem's like a long damn orientation:dontknow: They have you in prevention for a week?:dontknow: :p :D
enjoy your first few stations, not sure how they are teaching you out there, but on my orientation, I alway's had a digital camera so I could "shoot" the compartment's on the engine / truck, heavy, squad, equipment that was out there as you roll through your stations.
Made a quick review book, of where all the equipment was, it's inventory, ect... came in handy when you go to a station you may not have had the chance to get that much time in, learning the inventory.:dontknow:
Only reason it came to mind, is our "new guy" at our station was out there yesterday drawing in a notebook.

Try and let the hazing roll off your back.... get involved with your Local...your Union rep. should have already talked to your class.

Most important.... HAVE FUN:rock:

Congrats Bro! From one firefighter...(Yup, that is my primary job in the Navy!:D)...to another. I did a volunteer stint while on shore duty a few years back and enjoyed it! I wish I had more time to devote to it, I could see it being a very nice profession. Especially for a guy from Phoenix!:) ( I hail from Mesa!:D)

Good job Kyle. I am glad you have something to show for all your hard work and time. It is a good thing you told us which one was you in the pic. I almost didn't recognize you without the glasses.

Congrats

VJ

SrtBrad said:
Congrats on your achievement. Very well done. :rock: :rock: Now get modding that truck cuz payback is a Biatch.:D :burnout: :burnout:

hahha....I think I will take you up on that!!! However, if you get a roe I forfeit:D :D :D .

Thanks, Ken!! Graduation was awesome. yeah, they had us in a 12 week academy, and then (now) two weeks of finishing school. Finishing school should be a little bit more laid back than the academy, and I won't be wearing a "red shirt" any longer....which is nice. They're going to be teaching us some repelling, high rise operations, ropes 1/2, and some other hose lays that are specific to our department.

The digital camera thing is an awesome idea!!! I'm definitely going to do that.

The hazing has already started, and it's definitely a little different to get used to. I got the impression that they haze me because they like me. If they werent talking to me at all, that'd be a bad thing...:dontknow: :dontknow:

Thanks again! I send you a PM
NBT said:
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Congrat's Brother,
Seem's like a long damn orientation:dontknow: They have you in prevention for a week?:dontknow: :p :D
enjoy your first few stations, not sure how they are teaching you out there, but on my orientation, I alway's had a digital camera so I could "shoot" the compartment's on the engine / truck, heavy, squad, equipment that was out there as you roll through your stations.
Made a quick review book, of where all the equipment was, it's inventory, ect... came in handy when you go to a station you may not have had the chance to get that much time in, learning the inventory.:dontknow:
Only reason it came to mind, is our "new guy" at our station was out there yesterday drawing in a notebook.

Try and let the hazing roll off your back.... get involved with your Local...your Union rep. should have already talked to your class.

Most important.... HAVE FUN:rock:

KRAZYSRT10 said:
Congrats Bro! From one firefighter...(Yup, that is my primary job in the Navy!:D)...to another. I did a volunteer stint while on shore duty a few years back and enjoyed it! I wish I had more time to devote to it, I could see it being a very nice profession. Especially for a guy from Phoenix!:) ( I hail from Mesa!:D)

Nice...Mesa isnt too far off! I'll be spending my time in Tempe! I'm looking forward to this career, and feel very blessed to be where I'm at....couldnt ask for much more.

wyoramsrt-10 said:
Good job Kyle. I am glad you have something to show for all your hard work and time. It is a good thing you told us which one was you in the pic. I almost didn't recognize you without the glasses.

LOL! Thank you! Besides the glasses, I also lost about 15 pounds. I gotta start putting it back on to keep up with some of the guys that have been on the job. I could use 15 lbs and still be small enough to crawl through some tight spots and such!:D

Grad pics

Thank you for the kudos/congrats. Last night rocked. In was in shock most of the time...haha. Worked my ass off to get the damn badge. Here are some pics. The middle one is a picture of my dad pinning my badge on...that was definitely the best part.

Attachments

• IMG_0230_2.JPG
    IMG_0230_2.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0219.JPG
    IMG_0219.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • DSC_0775.JPG
    DSC_0775.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
Halligan said:
hahha....I think I will take you up on that!!! However, if you get a roe I forfeit:D :D :D .

dont be a wus, just get a viper:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back