First post need help

Fobage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a 2005 quad Srt10 with 86k and a engine knock. The lady is wanting 7k for the truck. If I need to replace the main bearing. What kind of cost and where to look for advice on the rebuild if I just do the bottom end. Should I walk away. I can get a base model 04 with about 96k for 15k that is running good. I like working on vehicles and thought 7 k for a quad cab truck was a good price but every where I have looked the engine to replace is more than what I would have paid for the truck. I need help making the decision on which truck and what to do after that.

Depends on how much work you want to do yourself. If you are gonna do the bottom end think long term. Forged internals unless you just wanna drive it here and there and not add any perfomace parts. Think about what you want to do while you have it tore down like a can or something cause you most likely won't want to tear it apart again. You could get lucky and could be a pushrod or valve spring or something. If you do the work yourself I would buy it

Location? Most of the time the block is salvageable and can be reused. Basic rebuild done correctly can be upwards of $8k+
Doing yourself maybe $4600

Thanks for the help. I have a week to make the decision. I am going to run it and see if the knocks location can be determined. If I get it is a rebuild the best option.

If I do get it what is the deal with the motor? What is the miles, price complete or not. I will give you all the info I have on it if I do not get it next wee

The best thing you can do is NOT run that engine!! If it is an un-natural knock it needs to be dismantled until the knock can be determined. A block and a crank needs to be salvagable..... the rest can be fixed. Let viperhauler have it and then purchase it from him once it is repaired.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back