First time at the track 13.1sec 1/4

PhatPharmacist said:
Oldgyutsrt had it installed before I got the truck and seems to be in the range of the stocker and it also locks up after 45mph. Shifts are very clean and much firmer than stock too.

Also the truck weighs about 5600lbs, so with that and my current 1/4 time what would you estimate the rwhp to be? I haven't had the truck on a dyno yet so I don't have any numbers. A online program calculates it at about 535rwhp.

The converter is a billet 3 disc but stall rpm is the same as stock. The guy that did the work said that with the s/c I'd get blowthrough (whatever that is) if I bumped the stall much. I got low 1.90s 60' times prior to the supercharger. No doubt you'll get better than that soon considering how much more low end torque it has now.

By the way, in addition to only making runs on tracks near sea level and in good air only, another thing I did to improve time was to also make sure I cooled the engine well between runs. I'd leave the hood up facing into the wind, and carried a portable generator and fan. I'd turn on the fan and wedge it between the hood and the top of the radiator.

Give 'em hell.

oldguy

PhatPharmacist said:
Yeah, I was expecting it to be in the 12s. as Oldguytsrt had a best time of about 12.8 before he put on the supercharger at the track in Houston. Thing is that my first SRT-10, the red one, was all stock except SCT tune and catback with a best time of 13.9 at 98mph with similar track conditions at the same track, so for this truck the 13.1 is a big difference to me compared to the other truck. So here are a few other questions. As for tuning this thing, who is near the San Antonio area that knows these trucks? Also, do you think the weather had anything to do with it? The conditions were not ideal, It was just under 70^ and pretty humid with a fog rolling in. Not sure what the DA was either. Also, most cars were building up quite a bit of condensation on their surfaces. And lastly, how might 4.10 gears work on my current setup? Thanks for the info guys.

A 13.1 in bad air (foggy and 70^) on a 5200 rpm shift tune ain't bad. I suggest trying the changes I recommeded earlier in this thread before you consider tune and/or gears. I recommend against the 4.10. Stay with the 4.56 it has. As for the tune, I'd suggest against anyone other than Sean tuning it with the s/c on it. No doubt the tune you ran is conservative, and no doubt going to the other conservative tune on the SCT but with higher shifts will help. Sean still has the 98 octane/methanol higher shift tune he can replace the low rpm shift tune on the SCT if you want to try a hotter yet safe tune for little to no money. Just give him a call. The supercharger and tuner are under my name purchased in May of 2008. If I need to contact him just let me know. I had him swap the hot tune for the low rpm shift tune because I was driving it like the old man on the I am, and had no intention after the transmission work of going back to the track. If you get Sean's 98 octane/methanol tune on the SCT and load it you'll see a huge improvement. Just don't run it with the methanol off, or run out of methanol. It'll go boom quickly under boost.

You have a lot of knobs to turn versus your first time out, and with no to very little money out of pocket.

Best to you,
oldguy

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back