First Time At The Track Last Night

greatone61

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas,

I met up with 1bad4dr last night, him, me, a Nice 300C SRT-8, our friend with a 500hp SRT-4 went to the track. (Only me and the C ran, the other two weren't able to run)

I ran 4 times, with a of a 14.64 at 95 with a 60 ft. of 2.33. I spun through 1st, and finally caught traction in 2nd. I didn't lower my tire pressure or use Simple Green like I should have, but man I thought my times would've been alot better with the mods I got. The track is at 5320' ft., but I thought would at least be a high 13 to a extremely low 14.

High Temps + High Altitude = ET's in the toilet.:(

Your 60' could be improved by at least 3/10's, which would generally equate to 6/10's on the big end, and that would get you into the high 13's. You gotta get some traction!

Don't know what else to tell you?:dontknow: Does it ever get cold where you live - like 50-60 degree temps? That's when you want to race.

Or throw a shot of nitrous at it.:D :rock:

Last edited:
practice, practice, practice youll get there. nervous were you?what did you run against?i gotta get mine to the track.i think im gonna suck never made a run before im still a 1/4virgin.i think i do pretty well at shifting but,i am probably get redlighted lol

TUGBOAT TRASH said:
practice, practice, practice youll get there. nervous were you?what did you run against?i gotta get mine to the track.i think im gonna suck never made a run before im still a 1/4virgin.i think i do pretty well at shifting but,i am probably get redlighted lol

I ran against the 300C SRT-8 all times except for the first one where I got my ass handed to me by an RSX-S!! Don't ask! LOL!!! The C edged me out by a 1/10 each time I raced him.

Don't feel bad, those are about the same numbers I had a few weeks ago at Bandimere, the 5,000 foot club does not like us.

Your 60's is what is killing you. You can't just punch it off the line. You need to try and roll into the throttle. Get the 60's below 2.0 and you will see much better times. Watch this launch. Click here to see Video

FlyingLow said:
Your 60's is what is killing you. You can't just punch it off the line. You need to try and roll into the throttle. Get the 60's below 2.0 and you will see much better times. Watch this launch. Click here to see Video

Hey Smoke, how you doin bro? When you mean roll on the throttle are you powerbraking at launch? If so at what rpm?

greatone61 said:
Hey Smoke, how you doin bro? When you mean roll on the throttle are you powerbraking at launch? If so at what rpm?

Yes I'm power braking. You can even hear the engine rev up once I'm staged. Rev to about 1500 RPMs for a start. 3rd yellow foot off the brake and ease the gas to the floor. You can launch at higher RPM's. I think in that video I was launching around 2000 RPMs. You just need to find what works best for you and your truck.

I'm doing allright for now. One of the biggest things that helps me out are the support letters I'm receiving in the mail and email. Lots of stories in this group.

Smoke

greatone61 said:
Hey fellas,

I met up with 1bad4dr last night, him, me, a Nice 300C SRT-8, our friend with a 500hp SRT-4 went to the track. (Only me and the C ran, the other two weren't able to run)

I ran 4 times, with a of a 14.64 at 95 with a 60 ft. of 2.33. I spun through 1st, and finally caught traction in 2nd. I didn't lower my tire pressure or use Simple Green like I should have, but man I thought my times would've been alot better with the mods I got. The track is at 5320' ft., but I thought would at least be a high 13 to a extremely low 14.

Don't feel so bad....based on your temps yesterday...early evening....67 degrees and the baro. pressure at 5300' your 14.64 would have been a 13.24 at 104mph at sea level....not too bad....:D

Well at least you had the "seeds" to try it out. I never been to the track. I mean I know my first time will be crappy. But it'll most likely be done in front of.. oh a couple hundred spectators that will either think it was driver error or the truck just sucks. As quoted from some famous saying, "Out of grief or nothing I chose nothing." That sounds effin' ghey.:eek:

Nowwhat said:
Don't feel so bad....based on your temps yesterday...early evening....67 degrees and the baro. pressure at 5300' your 14.64 would have been a 13.24 at 104mph at sea level....not too bad....:D

Thanks bro, I know my 60ft. sucked a nut, I gotta try what Smoke said and see what I can do to improve.

not seem like a complete moron, but what does simply green do? I have been arounds tracks for years but I have never seen it used.

Venom Power said:
Well at least you had the "seeds" to try it out. I never been to the track. I mean I know my first time will be crappy. But it'll most likely be done in front of.. oh a couple hundred spectators that will either think it was driver error or the truck just sucks. As quoted from some famous saying, "Out of grief or nothing I chose nothing." That sounds effin' ghey.:eek:

Try to go during a track rental. My first time was a rental. 32 cars and trucks and nobody in the stands. That will help you get the feel for everything.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back