First time at the track with the SRT10

JMB Justin

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I worked til about 3AM friday and had worked five 16+ hour days in a row, so Saturday I took part of the day off and went to the track with the truck for the first time. The truck is an 05 with:
-4.10 gears
-Belangers
-JMB true dual 3" catless exhaust
-PBJ VEC2 tune
-JMB CAI
-JMB Stage 3 traction package
-Stock tires and clutch

First pass was a [email protected] with a terrible 2.17 60'

Second pass was a [email protected] on a much better 1.97 60' (bogged pretty bad)

Third pass was on the bottle (two stage 25/150) it went [email protected] with a 1.91 60' (still bogged bad)

By this time the truck was 210 degrees and it was 85 outside, so I headed for home. I was pretty happy with those runs for my first outing, theres much more left in it, especially on the bottle. I need to get much more comfortable launching it, I botched all three runs, especially the first one. It wont even squeek the tires in first or second, so Im going to change my two stage setup to a 50/125 for next time and see how that works. Im shooting for 11's on the stock tires, considering the weather and that it was my first time out with it, I think its very achievable.

Also after the track I ended up running a close friends 01 GTS from 40-120. With me on the bottle and him NA, I pulled down low, and when aerodynamics came into play he caught it back up. At 120 we were about as even as it gets! His car is stock with one of my airboxes, no cats and a PBJ VEC2 tune.

Justin

Once again the issue of gearing...here is an '05 that has been changed back to 4:10 from 4:56...

Lots have gone from 4:10's in '04s to 4:56 or even 4:88's.

When if ever will we really know?

great numbers! i wonder also if the 4:56s' would of helped with the et's:confused:

I've been arguing the point since last years track sessions that the 4.56s are no real advantage on a 1/4 mile track. With equal mods the 4.56 truck will pull a fender length off the line and the 4.10 truck will reel it back in on the 2nd half of the track. I know, because I did it with an 04 against an 05 truck last year.

My opinion is that if you are street racing, especially from a roll, the 4.10s are better.

My 2 cents.

:burnout:

Nice runs Justin. :rock:

JMB Justin said:
I worked til about 3AM friday and had worked five 16+ hour days in a row, so Saturday I took part of the day off andwent to the track with the truck for the first time.

Part of the day off???? Hell, you deserve the whole next week off. :p

That dedication to your craft will definately pay off for you bud...if it hasn't already.:rock:

ViperTruck2933 said:
I've been arguing the point since last years track sessions that the 4.56s are no real advantage on a 1/4 mile track. With equal mods the 4.56 truck will pull a fender length off the line and the 4.10 truck will reel it back in on the 2nd half of the track. I know, because I did it with an 04 against an 05 truck last year.

My opinion is that if you are street racing, especially from a roll, the 4.10s are better.

My 2 cents.

:burnout:

Nice runs Justin. :rock:
Love to go from a roll with you....lol.....with my 4.56's
See if you can catch me.

Nice runs. That's pretty good right-out-of-the-box!

Quick

Thanks guys. I went to the 4.10's because I would have had to shift into 5th on the bottle with a drag radial (29.5 tall). The truck is definitely lazier off the line with the 4.10's, I think they are hurting my 60' time for sure, BUT it would suck to have them in there on n20 as I cant hardly shift it fast enough from 1-2 and 2-3 now (I remove my hand from the shifter to hit the 2nd stage once its in second gear, then have to grab the level very quickly to hit third in time). My future plans call for higher trap speeds as well, so I knew I would need them even if I only ran it on the 22's (32" tall).
Justin

QuickSilver said:
Love to go from a roll with you....lol.....with my 4.56's
See if you can catch me.

Quick
I'll have my heads and cam done in a couple of weeks. Then I am thinking about some squeeze on top of that. I don't think it will be too hard to catch you then. :p

nice runs on street tires....sounds like you are having fun and enjoying that NOS setup! Why are you on a 2 stage? Is it because you are going for 11's w/ street tires? On the DR's I can spray in 1st once its at 3grand and it doesn't spin one bit.....havn't tried street tires at the track but on the street it hooks in 1st and spray as well. Just curious....Nice MPH though.....I'm hoping a VEC will get me there and beyond also! Need my tax refund!

Did you/dont you have the adjustable shocks on that truck? I'm curious as to their performance in your launches.

I want to try spraying all of it in first, but I have a feeling its not going to hook, I am going to play around with the setup and see what I can and cant get away with.

Dave, yes I have adjustables on it as part of my traction package, the problem was the driver bogging it, it definitely hooked.
Justin

JMB Justin said:
I want to try spraying all of it in first, but I have a feeling its not going to hook, I am going to play around with the setup and see what I can and cant get away with.

Dave, yes I have adjustables on it as part of my traction package, the problem was the driver bogging it, it definitely hooked.
Justin

great runs.....what were the F/R numbers on the shock set up...???

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back