First time maintenance?....

SinorSwim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 05 RC sleeping for the winter.

I have 30K trouble free miles (no issues and no work done) and need to perform the following:

New Tires

I am going with OEM-is tire rack the cheapest and sales on, anywhere? What is a good price per tires in OEM?

The truck runs great-should I change all the fluilds and plugs? Or wait another year?

Thanks in advance any other issues need to be addressed?

SinorSwim said:
I have a 05 RC sleeping for the winter.

I have 30K trouble free miles (no issues and no work done) and need to perform the following:

New Tires

I am going with OEM-is tire rack the cheapest and sales on, anywhere? What is a good price per tires in OEM?

The truck runs great-should I change all the fluilds and plugs? Or wait another year?

Thanks in advance any other issues need to be addressed?

Depending how you drive it. I would say that the only fluids you need to change are the trans fluid and possibly the differential. I believe the coolant is good for like 100,000 and the plugs to around 50,000. I would pull a couple of the plugs and look for fouling and check the gap. If they look good don't bother with them. As far as tires, search the forum there are plenty of posts on tires. Many have gone with other choices beside the stockers. And yes, I believe TireRack is the cheapest if you choose the stock tires.

P.S.
Check your oil cooler lines, they leak. On passenger side behind headlight and goto block behind radiator towards bottom of engine. Big post on this.

tires are not supposed to last 30K:D :rofl: :burnout:

Otherwise nothing else to do, !

Change all your fluids and new plugs at least and give it a good look over---also PM stingray for the trucks born date and time of birth and post it on the 2005 born dates post:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back