Fixed my problem w/volant

sealalot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some of you know, my Volant cai has been a pain in the ass. I feel stupid for this, but it turns out that the little vaccum hose between the pipe coming out of the throttle body, going into the TPS didn't have hose clamps on it. So it loosened and kinked, causing my idling problems.

I didn't put the volant in, I had a vendor do it. I looked over that damn thing 50 times, but that little hose is buried under there and I never noticed it. Took me 20 minutes to fix. Now the truck is running like a fking JET! No wonder I only ran a 14.1 last summer!

maybe i should switch to volant. but again we had numerous debates over the Volant:dontknow:

you mean to tell me that a drop in K&N is the better way to go for power---I will go back to it then.....More debate on this please

VIPR PWR said:
you mean to tell me that a drop in K&N is the better way to go for power---I will go back to it then.....More debate on this please

Dan At Dc told me that the Drop in was the best way to go. But I like the Look of the K and N CAi under the hood

VIPR PWR said:
The stock air box is a CAI. Think about it.

VIPR PWR said:

The problem with the K and N CAI is heatsoak........ ie.. when the engine gets hot your intake air gets hot which causes you to lose power and, you can notice the difference. For me, when I installed my DC Perf. stage 2 computer and 180 t stat this power loss from engine heat dissappeared.

The sound from the CAI is quite nice..........but now with catless mids I dont hear it at WOT at all.

Buy a CAI for the bling and tone..........NOT for any power increase.:burnout:

patrick

I had a k&n drop in when I first got my truck. It was the first thing I did. I eventually put a Vloant in and there is a noticable power increase between the two.

There are alot of people on here who say k&n drop in. CAI of whatever kind or volant. Headers make no diiferance and so on. Buy a used volant or a cheap CAI and try it. If you don't like it sell it.

mauiSRT/10 said:
The problem with the K and N CAI is heatsoak........ ie.. when the engine gets hot your intake air gets hot which causes you to lose power and, you can notice the difference. For me, when I installed my DC Perf. stage 2 computer and 180 t stat this power loss from engine heat dissappeared.

The sound from the CAI is quite nice..........but now with catless mids I dont hear it at WOT at all.

Buy a CAI for the bling and tone..........NOT for any power increase.:burnout:

patrick
:dito: :dito:

Annu Kumar said:
Dan At Dc told me that the Drop in was the best way to go. But I like the Look of the K and N CAi under the hood

Ditto Annu - the K&N filter is freakin huge !!! The only thing bigger under the hood is the Engine :)

K&N dyno says 19.12 more hp - link here:
http://www.kandn.com/dynocharts/63-1107.pdf

I like mine more HP or not - mainly for the sound !!!

Justins CAI is similar to the K&N kit. JMB s more costly but you get alot more bling and a catch can for the buck.

I noticed a huge difference in sound, not too much on HP. I did see a big drop in my temp gauge though.

TREKER said:
Justins CAI is similar to the K&N kit. JMB s more costly but you get alot more bling and a catch can for the buck.

I noticed a huge difference in sound, not too much on HP. I did see a big drop in my temp gauge though.
Why do you think your temp dropped? What does the cai have to do with the temp.

sleeper said:
Why do you think your temp dropped? What does the cai have to do with the temp.

Colder air getting into motor, cooler running engine????

I used to run arounf 200 degrees oil temp. Now I am around 180 all the time unless I am driving aggressively.

TREKER said:

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I too run about 10-15 degrees cooler with the Volant.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back