Flash-it or buy my own???

The Itch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dontknow: :dontknow: I just ordered my CAI and catch can from Justin. :rock: :rock: :rock: I like the look on Brat’s big red...:top: I’m still torn about whether to send out for a flash or buy the programmer. Anyone have a list of the pro and cons of the 2 options other than the $450.00+- difference in price, which in itself has me asking this question?:confused: If you have a programmer would you suggest I get one or not? I don’t plan to modify this truck too much but I may go with an exhaust change later in life.

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: OPINIONS?:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

SilvrSRT10 said:
I just answered you on your other thread. NOOB!:D
Me too!!!!!!!:aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch:

NOOBIE'ism

:dontknow: I can't find a smiley with his head up his ass to show my NOOBIENESS... I thought someone would eventually remove that post as it is in the WRONG forum... I have a programmer for my LS1 and love being able to change for different driving conditions. Will the SRT-10 programmer be changing with mods like exhaust changes? Should I just flash it, open it up and leave it, then send out the PCM AGAIN if I change something???

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: OPINIONS???:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Since the SCT is so new, one of the members who has his hands on one is better to answer that. I don't know to what detail it asks questions such as Intake, Exhaust or other options. And don't sweat the noobiness, we've all been there. If it bothers one of the moderators, then they can move it to the proper area.

Just got mine Friday, the way it looks is your tuner loads the programs (these are pre-tuned programs, your Truck was on the dyno and the tune you got is a program, downloadable) into the SCT-Programmer and then you plug the SCT-Programmer into your Truck and upload them to the Truck, now you've changed the tune yourself.
I just uploaded new pic's. in the thread that is alredy going.....

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14818&page=4

Pretty cool stuff,
Quick

There are several advantages to the SCT tuner :

-It can store three tunes

-It will save your stock program before flashing your computer, in case you need to go back to a stock tune.

-You can read and clear trouble codes.

-If you need additional tunes, or changes to your tune, I can e-mail them to , and you can upload them into your tuner via a USB cable.

-In the future, SCT should have some really nice data logging software, that will not only allow you to log JTEC PID's but external inputs as well, such as boost, air fuel, etc. This will be a free update.

-SCT will likely add end user adjustability to the handheld down the road. This will allow you to do air fuel, timing, rev limit, shift point, and other adjustments.

Currently, I am working on getting our existing flashes to work with the SCT handhelds. This will allow me to give everyone the same tunes that we have been selling for the last few years. It also means that I can provide some calibration changes that are not yet available within the SCT software. An example would be lowering the engine cooling fan cycle point to lower your engine coolant temperature, no one to my knowledge with the SCT software has this ability except for us.

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com

The SCT programmer is NOT new. It's been around for many years. It's just now being offered to Chrysler owners. :dontknow: The product and technology is sound.

IMO, you're crazy if you spend all the extra money to send your PCM off to get re-flashed.

Buy the SCT, you'll be glad you did. And enjoy the upgradeability available for the life of the product. :)

Black1 said:
The SCT programmer is NOT new. It's been around for many years. It's just now being offered to Chrysler owners. :dontknow: The product and technology is sound.

IMO, you're crazy if you spend all the extra money to send your PCM off to get re-flashed.

Buy the SCT, you'll be glad you did. And enjoy the upgradeability available for the life of the product. :)

It's actually cheaper to get your pcm reflashed.

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com

Black1 said:
The SCT programmer is NOT new. It's been around for many years. It's just now being offered to Chrysler owners.
I meant new to the SRT-10.:p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back