FNG

Azrider44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone been lurking for a few days and finally decided to sign up. I'm from Tempe Arizona but I'm currently stationed up at fort wainwright Alaska (active duty army). My beloved 2004 srt-10 resides back in AZ and I'm scheduled to go home on leave here in the next few days. Plan on swapping out the volant air intake system with a k&n one, changing the engine and transmission oil, and then driving the sh*t out of it! 2 questions I have already... From what I've read the volant air system isn't that great so am I doing good by changing it out with the k&n one? And also for the engine oil change I was going to use a k&n oil filter, is there anything wrong with this? Part number hp-2004 is what I came up with to use for my truck. Thanks guys happy to be a part of this forum!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 97
Back in the day, the K&N oil filters would wine enough to be noticeable inside the cab

Hmmm well that's lame. Happen to know if the problem has since been corrected? If not are there any other oil filters that are good to go?

Oh that's lame, I'll try and see if I can find the mopar viper specific one then from a dealer or something, thanks for the reply!

I use the K&N on my Chrysler 300, same exact part number too, but when it comes to the truck, I only use the white viper filter.

Get the white Viper oil filter from the dealer. Be prepared to order it.

If the existing Volant system is in good shape keep it. My truck came with the K&N system. The inner fender rubbed a hole in the filter. Bought a new one and the same thing happened. No amount of checking/adjusting would save it.

Change all the fluids, fresh fuel, charge the battery, service the air filter. Then drive the shit out of it.
Oh yeah don't forget checking and tires.

Welcome to the VTCoA!

Thanks for all the replies guys! Anxious to get wrenching on the truck and then of course DRIVING IT!! Oh and I'm a 11B just in case anyone cares haha

Ya haha I'm glad to say I was not one of those! Oh another question I have, what do you guys usually have your psi at for just normal street driving?

Depends on what you are doing, sticker on the door says 38psi, racing at the track 20-25psi, not the fronts of course, depending on what your truck likes

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back