Fog Lights on when High Beam

attila

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2nd generation Ram, it was a simple mod to leave Fog Lights on when switching to Hig Beam, bending a relay pin.

3rd gen looks like different.

I found a mod to keep Fog Lights on, but they are always on and internal switch control is lost, only on.

this mod runs a wire from park lamps relay to fog lights relay, so it's always on.

when switching to high beams, flog lite relay goes off.

it looks like high beams don't have a relay, I can't hear any "click".

so, target is have the fog relay on whith high beams on: any clues?

thanks

How about instead of going off the parking lamps you went off the dash lights? I'm not positive that the circuitry in the dash lights is enough for the drain of the fog lights though.

There is a company called Brite Box that make a couple units for our trucks. One is called Fogzilla which allow the fog lights to remain on while the high beams are activated. Their other box leaves everything on. High, low & fogs.
They are available through Geno's Garage. It has been said that our trucks with all it's smartitude can throw a code or "lamp out" light if not done correctly. I think these are pretty much plug & play units making it easy for the electrically challenged.
http://www.genosgarage.com/searchprods.asp

Last edited:
a workaround could also be wiring a bridge from High beam output to fogs relay, with a diode, to prevent the reverse effect.

I'm gonna take a look at the wiring diagram, but I believe it's complex to read.

it's not rocket science... I must make it!

Did you by chance come up with a way to get the fog lamps to stay on with the high beams???

didn't yet, but I'll go diode way.

I'l still thinking the best way is to hack the PCM software... maybe someday I'll try that, in the meantime a diode/relay should help :)

I'll take some pics when done

I bought a kit from http://mrtaillight.com. His harnesses (& relay) (to keep the fog lights on with high beam) are vehicle specific. The wires are cut to length and are a plug and play. You can even remove the harness if you sell the vehicle. He is also on eBay. Cost (w/shipping)? Around $16.00!

do you even have a scheme?

just to compare to my idea.

the only annoying thing is there's not High beam relay in the box, so I should run a cable from somewhere else..

How about fog light on with the regular beam lamps on ? I did this mod to my Lightning and liked it a lot. It was nice to have the fogs on with the regular beams as I often forget to turn the fogs on.

--wes

wesman said:
How about fog light on with the regular beam lamps on ? I did this mod to my Lightning and liked it a lot. It was nice to have the fogs on with the regular beams as I often forget to turn the fogs on.

--wes

It has a switch for crying out loud . :D :p ;) :D I did a similar mod to my "L".Never really liked it,though.I have NO trouble remembering to turn on my fog/driving lamps,as the low beams are just too weak to see with.The high beams are even worse.And I have 100w / 80w bulbs with 100 w fog/driving !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here in Va,if the fogs don't go off when the hi beams come on,you don't pass state inspection.

It has a switch for crying out loud .

:confused: :dontknow: where ? i never used it ... :eek: does this mean my foglights are new ? :p :D :elefant:

belgiumbarry said:
It has a switch for crying out loud .

:confused: :dontknow: where ? i never used it ... :eek: does this mean my foglights are new ? :p :D :elefant:

I mean why alter the switched fog light function to have it come on with the headlights (low beam) ? I have never forgotten to turn them on as it just comes natural to turn and pull in one motion.But,that's just me :D

Next thing someone will want auto lights like chebys :D ;)

HOT RAM said:
I mean why alter the switched fog light function to have it come on with the headlights (low beam) ? I have never forgotten to turn them on as it just comes natural to turn and pull in one motion.But,that's just me :D

Next thing someone will want auto lights like chebys :D ;)

turn and pull...:confused: :dontknow: never tryed it...:eek:

We have lots of it here in the fall and spring in Virginia.Mine don't help as they are too white and bright.I use them as auxiliary driving lights.

HIDs are too expensive and I haven't seen any kits that work with no issues.

Mr. Taillights has the kit on sale, so I ordered it. I'll let 'yall know how it turns out.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back