Fog Lights on when High Beam

TnVTX said:
Mr. Taillights has the kit on sale, so I ordered it. I'll let 'yall know how it turns out.
I just bought one too. He's on ebay and has it as "Make an Offer". The lowest he'll take is $13.00 plus $8.00 S&H. I'm going to try and figure out a way that it will still work on the stock switch just in case I need to turn the fogs off while the high's are still on. Don't know if it'll work but I'll give it a try.

not by my side, worked on other projects but I'd still like to fix this!

I'll do my way (diode + relay) if I don't get any schematics to copy...

All you have to do is run a jumper wire from the ground pin on the parking lights relay, to the ground pin on the fog lights relay. I did this before I switched to HIDs and it works fine.

Bill.

Begood said:
All you have to do is run a jumper wire from the ground pin on the parking lights relay, to the ground pin on the fog lights relay. I did this before I switched to HIDs and it works fine.

Bill.
Thats all I did exept I ran a jumper wire from the high beam relay(under the hood in the relay thingy) to the fog light relay....

cost - 11 cents
time - 2 min.
results - High beams on = fog lights on...

Last edited:
Begood said:

Bill.

I tried that same mod on my '03 Hemi QC, and worked great.
However, it doesn't work on my '05 SRT QC.

TnVTX said:
Mr. Taillights has the kit on sale, so I ordered it. I'll let 'yall know how it turns out.

I've had the kit, but, due to neck (possible disc issues), I haven't been able to work on the truck yet...
But, if when I get up to par, I'll let 'yall know how the kit worked out.

The good thing about the kit is, I'll be able to turn on my parking lights, and the fog lights not have to come on as well.

Begood said:

Bill.

can you post a dyi with pics???

I used to have a web site saved on my computer that showed how to do this on every year Dodge Ram, but when I switched systems I lost that site and I have not been able to find it since.
On my 04 SRT-10 I pulled the fog light relay and wrapped a wire around the ground pin, then ran the wire to the parking light relay ground pin and it worked fine.
If I fine that site again I will post it on here.

Bill.

davo19 said:
can you post a dyi with pics???

I've got 4 pics from back when I had my '03 Hemi QC.
How can I upload them from my computer to be shown here?

attila said:
hey, looks like there's not High Beam Relay....

The mod jumpers the fog lamp relay to also be triggered by the parking lamp relay. So, the fog lamps come on, and stay on unless the head lamp switch is "off", rendering the fog lamp switch useless.

They are off because you can't see as far with the fogs on. (too much light in the foreground) the high beams are bad enough as it is.

For now, I'm putting the old pics I got from someone else up on my homepage, and linking to them.
These pics were taken by 2 different people, so the wire color is different, but, the connection was the same in each case.
But, like I said before, this mod worked great on my '03 Hemi QC, but didn't work on my '05 SRT-10 QC.

2259996FogLamp1jpg.JPG

2259997FogLamp2jpg.JPG

2259998FogLamp3jpg.JPG

2259999FogLamp4jpg.JPG

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back