For Sale: Roe Throttle Body

SRT-MIKE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used Roe TB, engraved "VTCA Edition".

I installed the TB, after a few miles the butterfly started sticking at idle.
I posted about this and tried several things, like adjusting the stop screw and buffing the edges of the butterfly, but the problem persisted.

There are several satisfied customers out there, so there has to be a simple way to make it work correctly. As far as I'm concerned, for the modest gains, I'm done playing with it. I polished the stock TB and slapped it back on.

The unit is almost like new, some handling marks from installing it twice.

If you're the tinkering type and feel you can make it work for you, send me $250 and it's yours. You can always ship it back to Sean and have him look it over, maybe he'll cut a new and better fitting butterfly for it.

As far as I'm concerned, I've learned my lesson and will be sticking to the old saying: Don't fix it if it ain't broken.

roetb2.jpg

Email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Last edited:
You don't want to at least give sean a chance to make it right:dontknow:

Love mine...no problems only smoother response and very notable power increase.......I'm sure Sean would take care of it if you contacted him...your problem is an isolated issue since no one else has complained...

kyle's srt10 said:
You don't want to at least give sean a chance to make it right:dontknow:

It's not about that, I'm sure he would gladly make it right.

I'm just tired of dicking with it and lost interest.

TNVIPER said:
Love mine...no problems only smoother response and very notable power increase.......I'm sure Sean would take care of it if you contacted him...your problem is an isolated issue since no one else has complained...

Sean did not claim a noticeable power increase, I did not expect one, and did not feel much of one either, if at all. If I raced the truck and every little HP counted, then I would pursue it further.
And I agree, like I wrote in the original post, that it is an isolated issue.

Good buy!

Someone would have to pry my cold dead fingers off mine to get it. It has totally altered my truck...from a slightly quirky street quick truck to a very tame and comfortable street quick truck.

Sorry you had problems with it.

Prof said:
Good buy!

Someone would have to pry my cold dead fingers off mine to get it. It has totally altered my truck...from a slightly quirky street quick truck to a very tame and comfortable street quick truck.

I hate agreeing with hard lefters but you posted my exact feelings...;)

Prof said:

That's ok, the polished stock TB looks pretty cool :)

There definetly has to be some merit to the Roe unit, it is a single port unit designed to dump air into a single SC opening, while the stock two-port unit is designed for the two-chamber manifold. The Roe is also capable of greater cfm (bigger hole), but I think that only comes into play long after the SC runs out of wind.

So in a way I do feel like I'm missing out a little bit, but no enough to follow thru... its only one hp per cylinder, for a total of 10 hp, or a 1.7% increase somewhere in the torque curve, right? ;)

The bottom line is that you have to feel good about what your engine has. We all have items that cause us problems...I have often gotten to the point where you are...usually with wives.

Roy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back