(For Sale)Vec2, B&G Stage2, New Wheel&tire.

rab986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys.. I posted in the other.... much better... forum but since it's only a matter of time before I'm chucked from there, I should probably post my stuff I have for sale in here. :D

(1) I have a B&G Stage2 Flashed PCM for sale. $700 and if you are in the area I will install it and give you a base line dyno pull before intallation and a couple after.. for free.

(2) I have 1 brand new never mounted wheel from the dealer with 1 brand new never put on the ground tire for sale. I had origionally bought it for a spare in case a curb jumped out in front of me. $700+shipping OBO

(3) I also have a Vec2 for sale for $750 OBO. I have all the hardware in hand but I am currently trying to find the software and installation instructions which is not easy with me in the middle of moving. I also have a smart card reader/writer and a couple extra cards which will be included.

I will be checkin this in the evenings but if you like... feel free to call me on my cell and be sure to leave a message as I get no service at the house.

(918)801-6826 cell
(918)786-1939 home
Steve
Miami Muscle
Miami, OK

Last edited:
moparracing said:
pics ???

interested in the rim/tire..........:D

I don't have a pic as of now but I will try to get one up tomorrow. It is perfect though. Not one scratch even on the lug nut surfaces. Tire has all nipples and is New.

Remember the PCM will have to be re-flashed with the new vin and the PCM has to be for the same type of truck (RC/QC). I might be willing to take the VEC2 off your hands. Was it ever installed?

Smoke

I don't think it has to be reflashed with your vin, does it? It is transmission specific though.. I guess I should have mentioned that as it is for a 2005 QC.

Last edited:
I think it does have to be reflashed with VIN#. The pcms are also specific to year and type of truck, RC or QC. So if you have an 05 QC it will only fit an 05 QC.

FlyingLow said:
Remember the PCM will have to be re-flashed with the new vin and the PCM has to be for the same type of truck (RC/QC). I might be willing to take the VEC2 off your hands. Was it ever installed?

Smoke

Yes.. the VEC2 was installed.

ViperTruck2933 said:
I think it does have to be reflashed with VIN#. The pcms are also specific to year and type of truck, RC or QC. So if you have an 05 QC it will only fit an 05 QC.

I'm not calling anybody a liar... I just don't see the reason for it to have the vin# matching besides convenience at the dealer. How would the PCM know what truck it is in. Unless maybe there are other ECU type controllers in the vehicle that are doing some sort of handshaking protocol/networking which may cause them to not work together, but I wouldn't think that would be the case.

Could somebody please chime in and tell me that I am, without a doubt, a phuggin moron?!?!

rab986 said:
Could somebody please chime in and tell me that I am, without a doubt, a phuggin moron?!?!

Well we are talking about 2 different things.

1. Yes you are a moron. But we are glad to have you back.:D
2. I'm almost 100% positive you need the vin put in as well as the mileage.

LOL... Hey phuggers... I'm a newbie, be nice!

I'll find out what it will cost to have that done and drop the price accordingly. (sorry kids.... maybe you can eat next week)

rab986 said:
I'm not calling anybody a liar... I just don't see the reason for it to have the vin# matching besides convenience at the dealer. How would the PCM know what truck it is in. Unless maybe there are other ECU type controllers in the vehicle that are doing some sort of handshaking protocol/networking which may cause them to not work together, but I wouldn't think that would be the case.

Hehehehe, I do believe there are other controllers that have to interface with the proper VIN coded pcm. I think Boomer or DC Perf will throw the VIN in there for about $100. I'd check with them for an accurate quote.

:D

rab986 said:
Yes.. the VEC2 was installed.

How long did you use it and any problems? Are you only missing the instructions or are you missing the actual software also?

i just got a quote to do the vin.on a pcm i got for christmas,b&g want 150.00 to do the vin.

Been there, done that! Yeah, B&G will flash the VIN for $150. Don't know what others charge. Don't know if you have a B&G flash if Boomer will do the VIN for you or vice versa. Mine was a B&G so I sent it to them. I don't think mileage has to be entered. The only info I gave them was VIN #. Mileage must be stored somewhere else.

I've got the software and instructions if someone needs em.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back