for TEXANS only

shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New law as of today (9-1-13). Texas has always had a front license plate requirement but 2011 printing of the law forgot to designate a fine for violation. Warning tickets only. No more. As of today the fine is $200. Beware. :D

and a whole butt load of Vettes

83(R) HB 657 - Introduced version - Bill Text
According to this site.. Starting Sep 1, 2013 only one plate will be issued and to be displayed at the rear of the vehicle.

look at this---does this mean all others are still required to have 2 plates?:dontknow:

SECTION 3. The change in law made by this Act regarding the
issuance of license plates by the Texas Department of Motor
Vehicles applies only to the issuance of license plates by the
department for a registration period beginning on or after the
effective date of this Act.
SECTION 4. This Act takes effect September 1, 2013.

look at this---does this mean all others are still required to have 2 plates?:dontknow:

SECTION 3. The change in law made by this Act regarding the
issuance of license plates by the Texas Department of Motor
Vehicles applies only to the issuance of license plates by the
department for a registration period beginning on or after the
effective date of this Act.
SECTION 4. This Act takes effect September 1, 2013.

I think so. If that's the case I will order a new custom plate that way I will only be issued one and only have to display one.:D

So its only in stage one... So not law yet. They need to figure this crap out. I still won't put a front licence plate on. I'll keep it displayed on the windshield.

The law still reads it must be displayed on the front of the vehicle, the front is anything forward of the midpoint of the vehicle as long as I can just slip it in my windshield I'm fine

Yup, I've gotten countless warnings but never a ticket. :rock:
Just a reason to pull you over and check you out. Lol
image.jpg

bein a long haired white boy in south Dallas is enough to get pulled over also:mad::reddy:

I have a friend who is a trooper,they use this to pull over folks...can't ticket,but they are looking for drugs,aliens etc.

Looks like crap having a plate plonked on the front of the truck. I used to never run a front plate, but finally realized I might as well shoe polish "PULL ME OVER" on the windshield.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back