For those that are missing shifts

Black1 said:
I was under the impression you could add as many gears as you want to a Lenco? :confused: :dontknow:

yep, as long as you don't want an over drive gear

Here is the write-up from Pro-Touring (dot) COM....

Hi Pro-Touring Members,

At the 2009 Performance Race Industry (PRI) show this month, we debuted a new motorsports transmission product... Introducing the

KEISLER ROAD & TRACK 6 SPEED

RATIOS: 2.44 1st, 1.61 2nd, 1.23 3rd, 1.0 4th, 0.88 5th, 0.77 6th

* This is a closer ratio gear set than the production 6-speed found in Corvette, Viper, Camaro, Mustang, Challenger. This means your engine rpm will stay in the power band between shifts.

CLUTCHLESS UP & DOWN SHIFTS:

* Once you launch your vehicle as normal with the clutch, all UP and DOWN shifting can be done without the use of the clutch pedal.
* Shifts are RAPID - as fast as you can move your hand, you are in gear during upshifting. A slight lift of the throttle or momentary retarding of timing allows the clutch teeth to disengage. Shift effort is EASY and SMOOTH. Downshifting is easily accomplished by lifting throttle, pull handle out of gear, quickly tap the gas to raise the rpms (about 500rpm), then push the handle into gear. Again, very easy effort.
* If you want to use the clutch - that is OK. There is no demerit to using the clutch, and you can feather the clutch on as normal.
* Street driving FRIENDLY - once you learn how to rev match the downshifts (couple hours at most), you will find the transmission to be well mannered around town and on the highway.
* Competitive ADVANTAGE - The ROAD & TRACK 6 SPEED, with its motorsports derived clutch gear system, provides you the capability of extremely high RPM shifts (>8500RPM), with repeatibility and reliability, that are not achievable with factory sychromesh transmissions (even triple cone). Sychromesh transmissions such as the T-56 (which use friction cones to aid in meshing the clutch gear teeth internally) are not designed to shift reliably past 6500 RPM, and will cause delayed and mis-shifts, or worse yet, failures during high rpm (>6500RPM) shifts.

The KEISLER ROAD & TRACK 6 SPEED will allow you to take your driving skills and car's potential to the next level, at a price approximately 1/3 to 1/2 that of "entry level" motorsports transmissions. And the beauty is that with Keisler's expertise in complete drivetrain systems, we can integrate the ROAD & TRACK 6 SPEED into most any muscle car, race car, or late model Corvette, Mustang, Camaro, Challenger or sport truck.

Check out this video that shows the product in action. Please note that I did not use the preferred downshifting method due to my mistake. BUT you can see how easy it is to downshift ... and upshifts are very fast.

<VIDEO>

PRODUCT INCLUDES:
1. COMPLETELY ASSEMBLED AND PAINTED ROAD & TRACK 6-SPEED *REQUIRES T56 CORE*
2. EN 36 / SAE 9310 CHROME-NICKEL-MOLY EXTREME DUTY STEEL GEARSET
3. CNC HELICAL CUT GEARS, FACE-ENGAGEMENT CLUTCH/SLIDER GEARS, 1-1/8INCH X 26 SPLINE INPUT, 1-PIECE CLUSTER GEAR SHAFT
4. COMPUTER CONTROLLED HEAT TREATMENT
5. CHEMICALLY TREATED, TUMBLED AND POLISHED
6. CNC MACHINED BILLET STEEL, HEAT TREATED AND FULLY POLISHED SHIFT FORKS, EXTREME DUTY
7. CNC MACHINED BILLET STEEL, HEAT TREATED AND FULLY POLISHED SHIFT LINKAGE, EXTREME DUTY
8. PROFESSIONAL GRADE SHIFTER W/STOP RING, PRE-INSTALLED, EXTREME DUTY (accepts standard 2-bolt style handles)
9. HIGH HEAT ARGENT SILVER, ELECTRIC BLUE PAINT, OR PAINT DELETE
OPTIONAL $60 LUBRICATION PACKAGE
10. MOBILE 1 FULL SYNTHETIC, 4 QUARTS
11. REV-X FRICTION REDUCTION ADDITIVE, 1 BOTTLE

ASSEMBLY INCLUDES:
1. RECEIVING & INSPECTION OF CORE
2. COMPLETE DISASSEMBLY OF CORE
3. HOT CLEANING & BLASTING OF HOUSING
4. CLEANING & INSPECTION OF ALL INTERNAL COMPONENTS
5. PAINT HOUSING
6. ASSEMBLY OF GEARSET, PRECISION SHIM & PRELOAD
7. ASSEMBLY OF SHIFT SYSTEM
8. ASSEMBLY OF EXTERNAL SHIFT MECHANISM
9. PRECISION ADJUSTMENT OF EXTERNAL SHIFTER STOPS
10. FILL TRANSMISSION WITH 4 QUARTS MOBILE 1 SYNTHETIC W/ REV-X ADDITIVE
11. TESTING & INSPECTION ON TRANSMISSION TEST STAND AT 4000 RPM
12. LEAK DECAY INSPECTION ON AUTOMATIC EQUIPMENT
13. BUILD DATA, INSPECTION REPORT STORED WITH SERIAL NUMBER
14. WRAPPING WITH PLASTIC WRAP, BANDING TO SPECIAL WOOD PALLET
15. PREPARATION OF ALL PAPERWORK FOR DOMESTIC OR INTERNATION SHIPMENT

__________________________________________________ ___
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY INFORMATION

6G (1st thru 6th gears upgraded; Reverse remains synchromesh)
PRICE: $6,495 + $995 ASSY

4G (1st-4th gears changed out; 5th/6th/Reverse remains remains original sychromesh)
PRICE: $5,695 + $995 ASSY

LEAD TIME:
4-6 weeks from receipt of order and YOUR T56 core. If you don't have a core, we can provide one.

For a very limited time, to help seed the market, I will extend you HUGE discount of OVER $1000 OFF
1. Assembly $995 - FREE
2. Extreme Duty Oil Package $60 - FREE

I believe you will find this to be an extremely attractive package for a very special, high grade niche street and racing transmission.

To inquire further and to purchase, either PM me or email me at [email protected] Or you can call me direct at 865.566.0314 8am - 6:30pm eastern. I am personally handling all sales of this unique exciting product.

And as always, you are welcome to visit with me at our facility (10min from the Knoxville airport), and we'll go for a drive! Comments are welcome, and watch our website and videosite for more info.

Shafi Keisler, pres/ceo/founder
Keisler Engineering

Black1 said:
I was under the impression you could add as many gears as you want to a Lenco? :confused: :dontknow:

You can stack any amount of gear changes in a Lenco, but high(top gear) is always 1 to 1.

You would be able to lower your 1-4 gear ratios and run a stout rear end gear 2.76 or 2.41 and use 5th as a cruising freeway gear.

I will have to look up and see what gears are available for a Dana 60.

TNVIPER said:
$6K+???.....heck no...forget this mod for me.....dang...:(

That was introductory (over a year ago). There has been a LOT of fanfare over this new setup from Keisler, so the price might have came down by now. But, it IS expensive. It's marketed for race cars and high-end customs..... And remember, you have to already have a t56 on hand for them to modify. ;)

Can anyone tell me the difference in this tranny and a face plated T-56???
Both are non synchro.

FSTJACK said:
You can stack any amount of gear changes in a Lenco, but high(top gear) is always 1 to 1.

You would be able to lower your 1-4 gear ratios and run a stout rear end gear 2.76 or 2.41 and use 5th as a cruising freeway gear.

I will have to look up and see what gears are available for a Dana 60.

You can add a Gear Vendors overdrive to a Lenco setup. :dontknow: :)

FATJACK said:
Can anyone tell me the difference in this tranny and a face plated T-56???
Both are non synchro.

:dontknow: :dontknow: "face plated":dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

whats dat???

ZCx said:
:dontknow: :dontknow: "face plated":dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

whats dat???

They replace the helical gears with (straight cut) "face tooth contact" SPUR gears. It can be INCREDIBLY hard to drive on the street. They use the same style of gear set-up in Formula One cars.

The Keisler dog box version still uses HELICAL gears, only they are cut "almost" straight. This would help significantly for street driving.

Copied from Liberty Gear website

Face plating eliminate the need to worry about missed shifts. This is made possible by
removing the stock synchronizers and opening up the engagement window for faster, higher rpm shifting.
Initially, the cost of face plating is slightly more than pro shifting, but in the long run you will
find that face plating is more cost effective due to less wear on engagement components.
With pro shifting, the shift lugs engage on the inside of the slider and as the pro rings wear from normal
use, they burr up and require dressing, deburring and/or replacement to maintain smooth shifting.
With face plating, the engagement lugs are on the face of the slider which will not allow them to burr
up and require maintenance. The design of the face plate shift lugs give them much more contact area
which makes them much more durable, so longevity is increased dramatically (about three to four
times longer than a pro ring) and there is virtually no chance of them popping out of gear.
Pro shifting and face plating does NOT make your transmission clutchless. The
shock load of shifting without the clutch will cause severe damage to your transmission

Black1 said:
They replace the helical gears with (straight cut) "face tooth contact" SPUR gears. It can be INCREDIBLY hard to drive on the street. They use the same style of gear set-up in Formula One cars.

The Keisler dog box version still uses HELICAL gears, only they are cut "almost" straight. This would help significantly for street driving.

ok. thanks:rock:

so be bout like drive a motorcycle or big truck. never use the clutch on either once ya get goin

ZCx said:
ok. thanks:rock:

so be bout like drive a motorcycle or big truck. never use the clutch on either once ya get goin

Actually, quite the opposite. (Read Jack's post, above). It's not recommended you shift without the clutch on a spur trans. If you don't get it right ALL THE TIME, you will grenade the trans eventually. :eek:

Personally, if I were to chose, I'd rather have a stock/built T56 myself. That thing is jolty, noisy and harsh. If I were going for a dog style box, I'd only do it if I were racing on the track more often than not. I would also get what I consider the best, a Hollinger. Albeit 3 times the price, they are proven. I looked at all these options for The Batram just to be sure I had chosen the right option for my truck and me. I decided if I didn't need the clutch to shift, why have one at all? I'll just "clutchless" shift ALL the time lol, plus no need to use a clutch off the line, I get to cruise all while getting very similar shifts. :) That trans is cool though, however, like any performance part put under pressure and abused, it will eventually fail, sooner, rather than later.

2c

I hope to hell that most'a you guys with shifting problems are driving RCs.........:rolleyes:

D

FATJACK said:
FstJack, do you know the approximate price on the new Lenco street/strip 1200??

Jack I do not. I will try and remember to call Lenco tomorrow and get a price.

I don't know if a 1200 is enough trans for some of us. I will also try and get info.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back