FOR YOU 6 SPEED GUYS

I think it may affect the viper car as well. Something to do with the weight classification. Our trucks don't need it. We can run 1, 2, 3, 4 all day long. No forced shift skip.

yeah...way to go QC guy:D you just stick to your automatic and leave us manual guys alone:)

SilvrSRT10 said:
I think it may affect the viper car as well. Something to do with the weight classification. Our trucks don't need it. We can run 1, 2, 3, 4 all day long. No forced shift skip.
Yeah I gotta get one for my Viper. The SkipShift is supposed to save gas. Though, after paying a $3,000 Gas Guzzler Tax, I don't even know WTF Dodge puts them on the car for???:dontknow:

Kind of a pita to go from 1 to 4 when you want to drive easy, but the engine does have plenty of torque to do it!:rock:

If you try to shift the viper normaly (1500-2000rpm) it locks you out of 2nd and 3rd. Solution is to drive its ass off and not worrie about it!

I had that in my 94 T/A. Really wasn't a big deal, in the 10 years that I owned it probably skiped less then 12 time, and most of them were just to see if it still worked, LOL

You guys just gotta drive hard, granny shiftin is for pansies, or maybe I just drive too hard :dontknow:

my C5 had that and I hated it... that feature alone made me drive faster:p.... I don't think my RC had that issue... I woulda noticed <shrug> if dodge puts that *cough "feature" in the viper... that's kinda retarded

tidnab said:
my C5 had that and I hated it... that feature alone made me drive faster:p.... I don't think my RC had that issue... I woulda noticed <shrug> if dodge puts that *cough "feature" in the viper... that's kinda retarded
Another example of your Government hard at work for you. I don't know what the stipulations are but if your a stick shift vehicle in a certain weight class probably with a gas guzzling engine, then the Government mandates the skip shift. I don't recall this feature in a Honda.:dontknow:

Not government mandated, its to up the gas milliage to avoid a gas guzzler tax, or to make it less. Its why the C5 and C6 manual vettes don't have a gas guzzler tax.

Also since trucks don't have to worry about the gas guzzler tax, they could put 1 MPG on the window and not have to worry about it.

Scobar said:
Not government mandated, its to up the gas milliage to avoid a gas guzzler tax, or to make it less. Its why the C5 and C6 manual vettes don't have a gas guzzler tax.

Also since trucks don't have to worry about the gas guzzler tax, they could put 1 MPG on the window and not have to worry about it.

OK we're splittin hairs here. Technically you are correct but who imposes the gas guzzler tax? The Government. The shift skip is a way for manufactures to try and get around the guzzler tax. The shift skip itself may not be mandated but if the Government hadn't imposed the GG tax. Something like the shift skip would have never even been thought of. So basically, the Government mandated the shift skip in a round about way.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back