Forced induction questions (Noob)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am trying to get some really good insight as to the best supercharger/turbocharger kit on the market. I dont want to go the wrong route here so any information on this matter will be greatly apprecitated.

I have an 05 QC with mopar headers and catless mids installed, everthing else is stock.

Don't listen to Barry he's prejudice ;)

And Welcome to the forum

Last edited:
www.jmbperformance.com

justin's working on a new procharger setup, i believe, and does some stupid sick turbos as well (see dom)

also paxton from dcperformance

i personally don't like the roe's as much (more bottom end)

after owning a few turbo cars, if i was gonna go the s/c route, it'd be the paxton or procharger...

Thanks Dan I will look into the information you provided. And anything else you can come up with.
Dennis

Forge your engine first......

How much forging are we talking about Jeff? Pistons and rods? I have read somewhere that it can take up to 700 H.P. before needing any real lower work done, is this thinking correct?

It all depends on who you ask.

I've been around long enough to where I've seen even minor mods go bad and it's usually happens while trying to get that last be of HP before the guesstamate of the limit before the boom.

Is all I am saying is do some reading and know that the piston lands are at about there max on just a stock motor, when a rod breaks, the block is usually part of the damage. If you've got the time and money, play it safe and work from the inside out.

Jeff

Yeah ya are Barry cuz you got those tiny ass roads to drive on:)

Welcome to the madhouse, enjoy the company and sarcasm, dont forget to enjoy the ride:burnout: .....Hold on to your wallett:D

If you are goin forced induction , your best bet is to forge the engine first, a good bottom end forging runs about $10,000 dependin on options.

heads are separate.

with a supercharger you are gonna be a little limited to 700 hp, justins procharger is capable of much more. turbos are basically unlimited to your wallet;)

you need a base of $ you are prepared to spend, and prepaare on at least 20k

I guess i should edit, with a supercharger you are mostly limited to "around" 700 hp;)

I think as time progress's more will be made:rock:

Don't forget to be careful with the transmission.

Wil

Btw, Welcome! :rock:

Manic said:
Don't forget to be careful with the transmission.

Wil

Btw, Welcome! :rock:
i have the qc tranny problem figured out good for a 1000 whp all day long and better mpg justin will have details before long im sure

Im trying to have options for every budget and HP level. The parts are here for the sub 1000whp procharger setup, the F2 Procharger setup is available and should be on the website very soon, the turbo kit is very proven of silly power, and the N20 setups for budget minded people like me.
Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back