Fried Egg Headlamps

chase

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the orange reflector in the stock headlamps can be removed?:dontknow:

as far as i know they can,you have to carefully pry the housing open,then remove the reflector,and then seal up the housing real good.

yeah dont want to break anything...anyone done it here?

i read someplace to put the in the oven low temp to make rubber softer, to pull apart,not sure about temp or how long. never done it myself

i would not sugest it but i think its just a beed of silicon that is holding the front lens on to the housing. but once you get inside not sure what you have to do.

good luck

chase said:
Anyone know if the orange reflector in the stock headlamps can be removed?:dontknow:
I bought mine off of eBay. I just looked and do not see them anymore. I think I read somewhere that they have become illegal.:dontknow: I think they only cost about $100 bucks.
IMG_2670.JPG

Last edited:
I did it. it's not hard. only problem is there are 4 holes left where the reflector snapped in, so you would have to fill them in or something. you could get some chrome vinyl made, trace out the reflector on the vinyl, and stick that to the chrome piece.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back