Future owner ?

Topawam

Reaction score
Hello fellow SRT Ram'ers,

I am new, here, on the dark side of the Viper powered vehicules. :D
The idea of getting a QC beast is growing by the minutes... I have some questions and all your feedbacks will be greatly appreciated.
The gas mileage is a bit of a concern, I drive in the city and when doing highway, I will probably be towing the toy in my avatar. Is the SRT the right choice and what kind of mpg am I looking?
About towing, I guess with the power, it should be painless, isn't it?
What are the differences between the 04/05 and the 06/07?
I stop my questions here, thanks in advance.

I dont look at my mileage, but I can tell you no one here bought this truck for mileage. If you're looking for a truck with mileage... buy the Cummins.
04 no quad.
06 remake of interior and exterior---no powertrain changes
07 no such thing.
BTW welcome to a great forum

You should have no problem towing your viper, but depends on the trailor, if its too heavy, use overloads on the rear to give more support.

Bsically you only have two choices, 05 or 06, differences interior, frame, and outside appearance.

mileage 12-15 hwy depending on how ya drive.

towing 10 or less also depending

to help towing I seriosly suggest long tube headers, no cats , magnaflow exhaust.

Cold air intakes, many disputes from volant, kn, to drop in , so go with your choice.

also flash from DC will greatly help with trq management also.

put these mods on and get around 470-480 to the ground, stock is 420 area.

personally the seats inthe 05's are tons better.

To bad the one that would look best pulling that viper was only made in RC in 04':( Silver or black will do though:D As far as gas mileage goes there is none. What do you expect from a 500hp motor:confused: A quad cab 3/4 ton 2x4 cummins will do well on mileage should do close to 20 w/o a trailer. So it all comes down to what you want looks or mileage;) It would be easy choice for me:D

Welcome to the group. I'm hoping we can generate a FAQ section for all of those who are interested in our V10 beasts. The questions you ask would be great to add to the section :)

we also have a very large group from the slo FLA guys going to caravan to the mopar nats this year,

might want to get in with them, they aslo are having a GTG pretty soon, may want to attend and meet some guys and get some great information

welcome to group! u will love it here, I bought my '04 RC truck 2 months ago and so far I love it so much! about mpg I really don't think about mpg because I was only interesting into its power! ofc its viper what else! :rock: since I live closed to my college and work so it pretty good for me, there is only 04 and 05 have almost same design but 04 don't have quad. 06 have very different design from exterior, headlights, interior and frames and don't forgot RC are only manual tranmission and QC are auto transmission if you are getting QC, then get pcm it would woke it up a lot!

Our trucks are great for what they are not for towing.

If you want an srt ram then buy one, but don't expect it to tow your viper easily.

I think a cummins would be better for your situation and with the mods that are available for the cummins you could be over 500hp and more than 800ftlb of torque.

But that just my two cents:D :D

trust me bro , it tows very easily, i have towed my RC and trailor from ohio to fla at an easy 70mph, and have had many coal burners and am very impressed with the towing capabilites of the QC:D

Thank you guys, very informative answers. :top:
The pulling will only be 3-4 times a year with an open trailer, so the SRT QC seems to fit the picture.
Why the hell I asked about MPG...? You're right, fun and power ! :rock:
I thought about the Cumming, but I think the Handling of the SRT is way better.

get the srt. you will not be dissapointed :D welcome to the forum by the way. enjoy the addiction

yes, trust us you will love your qc srt10 like it is your baby! i always want viper srt10 until i saw a ram srt10! i was very amazing that viper is in truck!! then whats the hell i decided buy it and it was def right choice for me to get it

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back