Garage Floor Decision - For Prof

ViperTruck2933

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally made my decision and ordered UCoatIt for my garage.

http://www.ucoatit.com/main.htm

I went with the Black High Gloss finish and "dove" colored fleck material (medium density). I ordered it last Friday and it arrived by UPS tonight. If it's warm enough this weekend I am going to install it. It's the perfect time to do it while my truck is at PBJ's.

My garage is pretty big at a little over 1000 sq ft. Cost just over $1K for the materials so it worked out to $1 per foot. I'll do an install thread with pics when I put it down. :rock:

Here's a before pic.
336605.jpg

Very nice! Post AFTER pics.

What lives in the center?

Z06? Or is it a LS1 vette sporting the wheels. I can't see the brake duct screens nor the rear of the car. . .

Nice collection though!

N/M. I looked at the pic WITHOUT reading what you said. No Z in 2000. Is it a FRC?

Roz-SRT said:
N/M. I looked at the pic WITHOUT reading what you said. No Z in 2000. Is it a FRC?
It's an LS-1 coupe. We have smoked glass and paint matched roofs for it.

My wife got it last year. 25,000 miles. Paint and interior are spotless. Mods are the aftermarket Z06 type wheels, B&B exhaust, Breathless CAI and tune.:rock:

Really want to see the finished product...I have decided to wait on the floor until I get the lift installed (am really interested in a SR-7HXLT from Superlifts.com)...but I am interested in doing the concrete polishing and sealing...with the weather here it will be wet all winter in two of the four bays. The other two (my shop and SRT 10 stall) stay dry. Still looking for a used lift...still working on lighting...leaning towards UltraLux HD Commercial 6 lamp florescent fixtures, but have just bumped into a LED approach that is interesting....

Guys this garage process, is not an easy one to negotiate. There are lots of options and it is tough to decide which way to go, floors, lighting, lifts, heating, etc.

Tim, glad you have decided...let us see the results...

dilly03 said:
If this is the same Black High Gloss finish that you ordered...that is gonna be sick!
That's it. I will have a little bit lighter (color) and heavier (dispersion) flake than that to lighten it up a little more.:rock:

Last edited:
Tim,

did you check / inquire about oil spots? I have a few on my garage floor, and Ive been told it would show up/bubble unless you did some (ridiculous) 500 step process before you put the epoxy on it. After that, I decided I was going to go with a 'race-deck' style, or commercial tile.

Do you have info on/about it?

-Red

RedSrt007 said:
Tim,

did you check / inquire about oil spots? I have a few on my garage floor, and Ive been told it would show up/bubble unless you did some (ridiculous) 500 step process before you put the epoxy on it. After that, I decided I was going to go with a 'race-deck' style, or commercial tile.

Do you have info on/about it?

-Red
Yes. They have a degreaser kit that I got with the package. They say the oil spots will not cause a problem when treated with their degreaser. UCoatIt is a unique type of Epoxy (water based and applied on a wet floor). It's not supposed to be affected the same as an oil based epoxy.

My FIL bought some of the cheaper tiles and they are buckling in places when the sun shines on them. So I didn't want to deal with that.

I have a neighbor who went with race deck and I didn't really care for it either, for the price. It's hard to to clean and you can tell you are walking on plastic when you are on them. They are real noisy.:dontknow:

In progress!!

Okay. Yesterday the weather sucked. But I bucked up and spent most of the day carrying crap down to my basement. Finally got the garage completely emptied out last night.

Today the weather is outstanding. I spent all day (over 4 hours) just DE-Greasing my garage floor. I have done alot of mechanical work in there and I have oil spots EVERYWHERE. I have literally cleaned this floor until my hands are raw. I hope this UCoatIt stuff never comes up. :D I am still worried in a few spots cause the stains won't come all the way up. But I have done all that I can.

My wife is gone to get me some muratic acid so I can complete the prepping and start laying the base coat. Here's a pic before I started this morning and a pic after the de-greasing.

I'll put up some more after the base coat is down and the cracks/expansion joints are patched.

352639.jpg

352640.jpg

You deserve an ice cold beer my friend. I know that wasn't an easy task!

I got the base/bonding coat down last night.

Going to patch the expansion joint cracks this afternoon and put down the top coat and UFleck flakes tonight.

Tomorrow night after work I'll do the clear coat. I still have some more concrete walls to finish up in there too. Gonna be a long week. :p

I'm tired already. :D

First pic is with the base coat down. Second is with the cracks and expansion joints patched. Now just waiting for the patch to dry so I can sand it down and put the top coat on.

353004.jpg

353003.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back