Garage Floor Decision - For Prof

Had a bit of a SNAFU today. :eek: The crack patch didn't dry enough for me to sand it out so I didn't get to put the top coat down. I finished painting all of the lower concrete walls grey to match the drywall today instead (and mowed the lawn, hehe).

I'll be sanding the crack patch and topcoating tomorrow night after work.

LOL @ Roy. This $hit is ALOT of work.

my garage was 1250 sq ft and ended up with the racedeck. It sounds like you are walking on a hollow log and its no where near as shiny and reflective as the black floor in the pics.
That floor looks great.

You are getting in shape to do mine!

I think I will be buying the job rather than doing...too damn old for physical labor!

Top Coat is down and Fleck's added. Small chance of isolated showers tonight. I am going to be PO'd if we get rain. Over the weekend our forecast said nice and sunny all week. :eek:

A nice thick coat of clear goes on tomorrow night over this stuff. ;)

353370.jpg

353369.jpg

Silverback said:
Looks nice VT.:) :rock:
Thanks. Fortunately it stayed dry last night (no rain). Supposed to have nice weather for the next few days. Clear coat tonight in then I'll let it cure for a week or so before parking on it.:rock:

Killer looks...this is really complicating my decision process!

Nice job,looks awesome !!!!How many color coats did you do ??

6pakattack said:
Nice job,looks awesome !!!!How many color coats did you do ??
Just one top coat. The base coat was black (as well as the top coat) so it covered extremely well. I also precoated the crack patch with the black before I top coated the entire surface.

that looks killer, thinking about something similiar for my garage.

Your floor looks amazing! I am curious. Where is the hole, so you can. Well, you know. . . ? :D

Roz-SRT said:
Your floor looks amazing! I am curious. Where is the hole, so you can. Well, you know. . . ? :D
:confused: You lost me on that one...:D

Here's tonights work. Clearcoat is on and it looks great. I have quite a bit of the clear left so I think I will throw a second coat on tomorrow just for grins. :D

353523.jpg

353524.jpg

Its the Garagemahal!!! :adore:

Great job! I did my garage about 3yrs ago with UCoatIt. Its holding up just fine and I certainly use/work in my garage including 4 pieces of machinery weighting over 400-500lbs rolling around on top of it. (5hp Cabinet Saw, Jointer, and mother of all work benches.....has a 4" solid maple top). Anyways, prep is the key and looks like you spent the time to do it right.

I'm helping my cousin do his garage in 2 wks and another friends garage a couple weeks afterwards. In return I get day labor times two for backyard work....they have no idea how well I'm going to make out on this one!!! Can you say 10 tons of rock to begin with?!

Two pix during a little project on my Aprilia....

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

ViperTruck2933 said:
Clearcoat is on and it looks great. I have quite a bit of the clear left so I think I will throw a second coat on tomorrow just for grins. :D

That looks awesome! You can't go wrong with more clear if you have enough left.

I waited about 2 weeks before parking on it. I think it turned out pretty good. Now I just need to get my truck back and get it in there. Here's a few more pics.

356115.jpg

356116.jpg

356117.jpg

Yep. Garagemahal. :D

Looks outstanding. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back