Gear ratio off Wiki correct???

SHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering if anyone could tell me if this is correct for a 2004 RC

Gear 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
Ratio 2.66:1 1.78:1 1.30:1 1.00:1 0.74:1 0.50:1
Final Drive 4.10

Having a custom built rear end built from strange engineering and need to give them the correct gearing of the transmission

Thanks

That is exactly right. Good time to upgrade to 4.56 gears.

i was worried with the 4.56 that it would be running too high RPM at 75 down the highway or does that 6th gear take care of that? ALso that it would make 1st gear completely obsolete?
Thanks

Let us all know how the strange unit works out for you. It's about time DTS gets some competition.

i will, im going with the s-trac and 35 spline axles, no complaints from the chevy and ford guys using them, oh did i mention im going with the 9" instead of the dana?

Any details on how much power it will handle and how much $$$

they said they have a car running 9's with the exact same setup been using it all year no problems so im guessing 800hp, the whole complete rear end delivered was $3000

i will, im going with the s-trac and 35 spline axles, no complaints from the chevy and ford guys using them, oh did i mention im going with the 9" instead of the dana?

I inquired about doing a 9" through DTS and they wanted no part of it, they said it wouldn't last.

I like the idea of easy gear swaps with the 9" vs the Dana.

I inquired about doing a 9" through DTS and they wanted no part of it, they said it wouldn't last.

I like the idea of easy gear swaps with the 9" vs the Dana.

It also weighs a lot less, Dana 60s are huge and i never fully trusted the c clips that hold the axles

if memory servers, around 1750-1800, 6th gear, 4.56

don't forget the weight of our beasts. got to figure the weight with the horsepower

if memory servers, around 1750-1800, 6th gear, 4.56

don't forget the weight of our beasts. got to figure the weight with the horsepower

i didnt think about weight, that screws everything up since i am using the srt10 driveline in my hotrod, it will only weight about 3k lbs.

i didnt think about weight, that screws everything up since i am using the srt10 driveline in my hotrod, it will only weight about 3k lbs.

Lighter than a viper, you would be fine with anywhere from a 3.07(like the viper), 3.23, 3.55, or even a 3.73.

Make sure to take into effect your tire size with whatever gear you choose using the gear calculator.

Lighter than a viper, you would be fine with anywhere from a 3.07(like the viper), 3.23, 3.55, or even a 3.73.

Make sure to take into effect your tire size with whatever gear you choose using the gear calculator.

ok Thanks, I Have It Ordered With 4.10S At The Moment But I Still Have 2 Weeks To Decide If I Want Something Else. I'll Play Around With The Calculator. Not Sure If It Wants Wheel Size OR Tire Size. I'll RUn 17" Wheels Probably 27" tire

Last edited:
ok Thanks, I Have It Ordered With 4.10S At The Moment But I Still Have 2 Weeks To Decide If I Want Something Else. I'll Play Around With The Calculator.:burnout::burnout: Not Sure If It Wants Wheel Size OR Tire Size. I'll RUn 17" Wheels Probably 27" Wheel:burnout::burnout:

should be tire size. mounted & properly inflated.

ya can run several different wheel dia. & still have the same circumference

im thinking i will be fine with 4.10s since i will be driving more long distances then driving down the 1/4 mile, i will call strange Monday and see how friendly they are with gear swaps :D

Last edited:

with the weight of my car do you think 4.10s are too aggressive??

i have driven a 2001 GTS before and was very impressed, that is why i bought a 10. i want to make sure i can drive this thing down the highway at 75 without going 5000 RPMs.

thanks

with the weight of my car do you think 4.10s are too aggressive??

i have driven a 2001 GTS before and was very impressed, that is why i bought a 10. i want to make sure i can drive this thing down the highway at 75 without going 5000 RPMs.

thanks

I personally don't think the 4.10's will be too much. I maybe biased, though :chain: as I have 4.88's :D. I live in a spot where my job, my childcare provider, and all stores I need are within 10 miles of me. If the above we're to change, I'd go back to 4.10's.

Use the link, try different ratios in the t-56, rear ratios(up to three at a time), and tire sizes. Then think about what gear you'll be in at given times when/where/how you will be driving.

RPM/MPH From Gear Ratio Calculator by Wallace Racing

I personally don't think the 4.10's will be too much. I maybe biased, though :chain: as I have 4.88's :D. I live in a spot where my job, my childcare provider, and all stores I need are within 10 miles of me. If the above we're to change, I'd go back to 4.10's.

Use the link, try different ratios in the t-56, rear ratios(up to three at a time), and tire sizes. Then think about what gear you'll be in at given times when/where/how you will be driving.

RPM/MPH From Gear Ratio Calculator by Wallace Racing

great calculator, thanks

when in doubt, 3.90's:rock::rock::rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back