General Mantinence

bigredv10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
'04 Model stock with less than 14k miles on it just wondering if there was any mantinence service I should perform at this point. Haven't had a single problem yet (knock on wood!) and would like to keep it that way thanks guys!! oh ya i've heard about the oil line upgrade should that be my first upgrade? Going fast is not my goal mainlly reliabillity :rock:

well big red, I dont suggest doing anything until its broke most of the time.

the oil lines are a great insurance tho, but check an see if they are leaking first bud.

but off hand, only thing i would suggest to keep in top form is to do the tranny fluid, rear axle fluid, check your air filter, and change plugs to keep them fresh.

check all your brakes, rear should be fine, but double check the front, rotate the tires adn check pressure while you are at it, and shoot a little WD or lubricant on all the bushings while the wheels are off to keep them plyiable:)confused: ) or soft:D

check coolant and ps fluid, didnt look to ssee (sorry) but if its a stick I would highly suggest you flush and refill the clutch fluid, and check the brake fluid to make sure it hasnt gotten contaminated.
check the serpentine belt for any cracks.

check the exhaust for any rust starting to form also,and maybe knock some of it off, and before summer gets here make sure the a/c is working properly

oh and before it rains......................replace the wiper blades:D

Thx! what fluid do you recommend? I prefer Mobil 1 so...dont drive it in the rain took the wipers right off stored in back, send me a pm on the plug price! the manual said every 10k miles...is that right? The tires only have 1000 miles on them Mauraders or whatever, I guess U suggest the 570 clutch fluid right..Thx!

My truck is an 04 with 11k and already has a leaky slave cylinder. Check in the bottom of the bell housing area to see if it is wet. I'll have to upgrade mine next winter for sure if not sooner.

bigredv10 said:
Thx! what fluid do you recommend? I prefer Mobil 1 so...dont drive it in the rain took the wipers right off stored in back, send me a pm on the plug price! the manual said every 10k miles...is that right? The tires only have 1000 miles on them Mauraders or whatever, I guess U suggest the 570 clutch fluid right..Thx!
I suggest mobil one and depends on the time and year for weight, summer use a heavier oil, winter colder areas, use a lighter oil
and gonna work on special pricing on plugs for everyone this weekend

last question

of course!:D

71dusterjon said:
are you doing plugs for non FI trucks or for all spectrums?
been working on that a littl, think I will hit the sac its like 330am:eek:
but no, basically any plug you want I will try to do, I am pretty sure the ngk is the best deal I will be able to do, but working up pricing and all this weekend, on that, the wires, accesories, all this billet stuff I got in, yyyyaaawwwnnn gonna be a long weekend, tony aint that dang good at this addin mess:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back