Get a Problem with my truck!!

no i will not be able to take it in to the dealer for a couple of weeks. i live out in the boonies, just about an hour south of where DaveT(badvenom) lives. i am going to call the dealer that changes my oil on saturday and see what they have to say about it. i know that they don't have a viper tech so i dont know what they are going to say.

ViperPoweredRam said:
...on some dirt roads. .

That alone is truck abuse! Did you clean things up, re-insert the dip stick, start it and see if there was something else leaking?

This is a really really really stupid question, but have seen it before so must ask:D
when is the last time you changed oil and looked under the hood?

I have seen the oil cap left off or the dipstick left out from oil changes and the customer never looked under the hood and noticed it;)

I have thought about it for days and jsut cannot see it building enough pressure to blow out the dipstick and cover the underside with oil, but stranger things have happened:D

Stinker said:
I have thought about it for days and jsut cannot see it building enough pressure to blow out the dipstick and cover the underside with oil, but stranger things have happened:D

Yes, it can building enough pressure. I learned that from my school. It is blowby which is caused by worn ring on the piston. The worn ring allow the air/fuel leaking through the seals and create the pressure in the area where the crankshaft is. Then, it will blow out the dipstick and cover the engine with oil....or blow up the engine...

Air ventilation

"During normal operation, a small amount of unburned fuel and exhaust gases escape around the piston rings and enter the crankcase, referred to as "blow-by". [6] If these gases remained in the crankcase and condensed, the oil would become more diluted over time, decreasing its ability to lubricate. Condensed water would also cause parts of the engine to rust. [7] To counter this, a crankcase ventilation system exists to draw fresh air in from the air filter and expel the gases out the PCV valve into the intake manifold. The intake manifold is at a lower pressure than the crankcase, providing the suction to keep the ventilation system going.

If an engine is damaged or enters old age, gaps can form between the cylinder walls and pistons, resulting in larger amounts of blow-by than the crankcase ventilation system can handle. The gaps cause power loss, and ultimately mean that the engine needs to be rebuilt or replaced. [6] Symptoms of excessive blow-by include oil being pushed up into the air filter, out the dipstick[8], or out the PCV valve."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowby

Hey viperpoweredram...you should check your air filter to see if there is any oil on it. Check the pcv valve too. Does our truck have the pcv valve? :dontknow:

Last edited:
yes i tried to clean as much as i could off after it happened, and i also did start the engine back up for a second to see if there was anything else linking but i didn;t see anything. i also have looked under the hood and the dipstick was complely inserted. thanks for all of the info, i hope that there is not going to be anything wrong with my engine. i have a jmb cai and there was no motor oil on it, there was the oil that i put on after i cleaned it.

DRamSrt10 said:
Yes, it can building enough pressure. I learned that from my school. It is blowby which is caused by worn ring on the piston. The worn ring allow the air/fuel leaking through the seals and create the pressure in the area where the crankshaft is. Then, it will blow out the dipstick and cover the engine with oil....or blow up the engine...

Air ventilation

"During normal operation, a small amount of unburned fuel and exhaust gases escape around the piston rings and enter the crankcase, referred to as "blow-by". [6] If these gases remained in the crankcase and condensed, the oil would become more diluted over time, decreasing its ability to lubricate. Condensed water would also cause parts of the engine to rust. [7] To counter this, a crankcase ventilation system exists to draw fresh air in from the air filter and expel the gases out the PCV valve into the intake manifold. The intake manifold is at a lower pressure than the crankcase, providing the suction to keep the ventilation system going.

If an engine is damaged or enters old age, gaps can form between the cylinder walls and pistons, resulting in larger amounts of blow-by than the crankcase ventilation system can handle. The gaps cause power loss, and ultimately mean that the engine needs to be rebuilt or replaced. [6] Symptoms of excessive blow-by include oil being pushed up into the air filter, out the dipstick[8], or out the PCV valve."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowby

Hey viperpoweredram...you should check your air filter to see if there is any oil on it. Check the pcv valve too. Does our truck have the pcv valve? :dontknow:

LOLOLOL you're right Tyler, "but" he shouldnt have blow by at this stage of life:D

did you just have the oil changed? overfilled? even viper techs have been putting the wrong amount in!:mad:

Last edited:
i was about 300 miles from my next oil change so i doubt that an overfill is the problem.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back