Getting my Truck

sshhhh, I havnt paid the HP tax, on the upgrades, thats another $200,000 +.

Importing a vehicke to Norway requires the following taxes to be paid.

1) HP tax
2) Cubic capicity Tax
3) Ocupancy Tax
4) Height Tax
5) Lengh Tax
6) Width Tax
7) Import Tax
8) Fortune Tax

And a few more taxes, plus VAT on top of those taxes as well.

Wowwww. So what would a 10 cost to bring over? How's the currency compared to here? and cost of living and stuff.. damn that sucks!!!

SO, what if a guy shipped a truck over there. Your saying they pull in that kind of cash? Is it hard to import or something or how come they are priced so high?

It would be a little cheaper if you shipped the truck here yourself. But they still will have to inspect and register it. A lot of Norwegians go for restored American cars that's over 20 years old. Because the high taxes don't apply to those. I met a man today that has a diesel 300C and it cost him $120,000.00USD because he bought it here. But he's happy with it because most cars here are small due to the hugh gas prices.. Like over $10.00USD a gallon. :dontknow:And that's not even 93 octane.. He said his car turns heads.

There are actually over 2000 Ram SRT10's in Norway, AUTO NOVA in Oslo has sold over 100.

The taxes are reduced on some of these vehicles as they are brought in as a truck not a personal vehicle.

But horsepower tax is redicoulously expensive.

wow. 10 bucks a gallon? we are at 1.45 a litre for 93 and im depressed over it

$1.00USD is about 5.00NOK (Norwegian Kroner). I paid the equivalent of $25.90USD for a #1 at Burger King (129.00NOK). Not even super-sized.

what happened AntKnee on the bottom of your post????lol

your breakin up, lmao:rock:

Carl, I was telling him Norway is beautiful and I love it here. Then I went on about his truck probably being really expensive having it here.. But I didn't realize he was already talking about that. Anyway, it's almost 1 am here. I'm going to sleep. Later guys.:D

would the taxes be the same if say like AntKnee wanted to bring 1900 over while he was workin & just wanted his truck to drive around while he was there????

Mine is over 750rwhp, dont know exactly yet, it manages 17 PSI of boost from the custom paxton setup, tripple walbro fuel pump system, rails and injectors.

It literally costs $20 a mile to drive the f***k**g thing, but its all worth it.

would the taxes be the same if say like AntKnee wanted to bring 1900 over while he was workin & just wanted his truck to drive around while he was there????

Carl, it's expensive to drive a Toyota Hybrid here. I would have to pay about $25,000USD in taxes or more if I shipped #1900 here. And that doesn't include shipping charges. Norway is really clean and I think the high taxes are a deterrence to keep emission levels down.

ok.

sounds like there is a method to the madness then

Another thing to remember if you are ever gonna bring a car or motorcycle to Norway,

It has to be 100% original spec - completely unmodified.

Modifications are allowed but only after inspection and registration has been done
And modifications are massively restricted.

You are allowed 15% extra HP without incurring a tax penalty, after 15%
it gets silly.

Luckily There is a great place called JMB and a great guy, Justin who has supplied
all my mods and parts.

Another thing to remember if you are ever gonna bring a car or motorcycle to Norway,

It has to be 100% original spec - completely unmodified.

Modifications are allowed but only after inspection and registration has been done
And modifications are massively restricted.

You are allowed 15% extra HP without incurring a tax penalty, after 15%
it gets silly.

Yes I was told that today. Only simple maintenace mods are allowed. And probably new body parts that weren't original due to repair for instance or maybe visual mods. But power adders are frowned upon...

Not only frowned upon, stricktly forbidden in most cases.

You need hooky garage to do your 2 yearly routine EU controll, and thats gonna
cost you, or simply remove your mods for the controll, and then put them back again.

This is very common, as it is very difficult to get someone to pass a modded vehicle.

When you reply to a post, your should see a paperclip above the text window. Click on that and it should bring up another window that you can select your pics and upload them.

It just asks me for the URL of the image, it wont let
me upload.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back