Going Pararescue

johnnybravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last year I decided I wanted to do something more exciting so I put in a package to retrain into Pararescue. It's one of the Air Forces special ops fields. I leave this weekend and I'm pretty stoked. It's 2 years of crazy training with a 90% washout rate. Lucky me! And I just bought a ton of goodies from Stinker and Justin and I won't get to put them on the truck until August:argh:

johnnybravo said:
Last year I decided I wanted to do something more exciting so I put in a package to retrain into Pararescue. It's one of the Air Forces special ops fields. I leave this weekend and I'm pretty stoked. It's 2 years of crazy training with a 90% washout rate. Lucky me! And I just bought a ton of goodies from Stinker and Justin and I won't get to put them on the truck until August:argh:

Good luck, and thanks for your service...........

Good luck Bro. When times get tough just remember it will be over soon:rock: It is only a moment in life. SEMPER FI!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys. My brain is going a million miles an hour right now over what I'll be going through in just 5 days from now.

LoveThisTruck said:
If it's anything like the Army SF selection process... it's gonna suck!:D

First 8 weeks is kind of like BUDS for the SEALs but the days are more structured. Tons of swimming and running. I'll drown a few times which is hard to look forward to. Builds character right? If I pass all the run and swim evals and the drown-proofing stuff then it's off to paramedic training, basic jump and freefall schools, combat diver training, survival school, and finally actual pararescue training. 22 months all together.

My brother is pararescue for many years now. It's tough for sure but you will be one of the elite. Enjoy!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back