Good read - I never knew the harmonic balancer loosens up

Nice! Good info

As for the calipers where have you looked for them?

Nice! Good info

I don’t need them, but I’m always telling different auto parts places (Napa, Auto Zone, o’reilys….) that parts for my truck are really hard to find. I use my example for calipers, which the last time I look on eBay had them for $1040.00 (used) each. Napa insisted that they could get them for less than $150.00. I let them know that I’d buy 10 of them. They called me two weeks later saying they exhausted their search and couldn’t even locate even one, let alone for $150. People just don’t know what a Ram SRT-10 is…

Last edited:
I don’t need them, but I’m always telling different auto parts places (Napa, Auto Zone, o’reilys….) that parts for my truck are really hard to find. I use my example for calipers, which the last time I look on eBay had them for $1040.00 (used) each. Napa insisted that they could get them for less than $150.00. I let them know that I’d buy 10 of them. They called me two weeks later saying they exhausted their search and couldn’t even locate even one, let alone for $150. People just don’t know what a Ram SRT-10 is…
Oh okay! That's for sure they don't know what they are. I had no idea even the calipers would be hard to find.

When my truck had the air bag recal take care of in 2018 the guys in the service department that move the vehicles in and out had no idea what it was! One had to get help moving her because he couldn't even drive a manual! They treated her like a ferrari while she was there. Was sorta funny and I was surprised working in a dealership they had never seen one before.

I was searching for info for my truck and ran across this article. It’s a good read.
I never knew the harmonic balancer loosens up and need occasional tighting. One lie though, they say the front calipers are available. Yea, right!
Yes that I believe may have been a recall about the harmonic balancer bolt loosening … it was a subject on here many years ago !
As for calipers ,, I’ve only been able to find used ones for the front QC’s and appear were discontinued years ago . Even so the used ones you find most likely need to be rebuilt and they are not cheap . Dodge should be and have been forced to do a recall due to the calipers locking up and possibly causing a fire or premature failure of other steering components.. I’ve seen the rotors glow total red and smoke rolling off the wheels .. it’s a complete WTF CLUSTER PHUC and nothing was done about it . Probably because nobody got killed :mad:

Nice! Good info

x2 is about the only place to find the anymore .. still rediculous rice even as much as a complete new hypo BREMBO setup .. but they don’t make a compatible caliper either ..
I’m surprised someone hasn’t come up with a way to adapt another better or equivalent caliper for the 05 and 06 front brakes . It shouldn’t be difficult IMO and much cheaper.

I do remember the harmonic balancer bolt issue now! I wonder if it was a recall if so i never got notified

I do remember the harmonic balancer bolt issue now! I wonder if it was a recall if so i never got notified
It was a specific to certain trucks and not all I don’t beleive for the year 2004 early made I believe .. The thread on here would tell about it ..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back