got a question concerning recent mods and my AFR

Streetgliderx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK lets start from the beginning, my truck has torrie tune, runs 14.8-15.0 AFR cruising and 12.9 at WOT. Now after a TB change I still get cruising AFR but at WOT now best I have seen is 13.8-14.6

Now I just bolted on a JTSV throttle body. At same time I noticed there was no small line from the side of the manifold to the breather hose so I added one there. little short 3/4" 45* hose. I had made some changes to the catch can lines but I have returned them to the way it was before so that shouldn't be a cause here.

Now only real issue I had with swapping TBs was there is one bolt broken in my manifold. but since it didn't affect the stock TB I would think its not the issue here.

last thing I have done was swap out to my manual pedal basket but I don't see that changing anything, my scan tool shows throttle position at 18.2 idle then 90.3 WOT and the pedal gives me full open on the TB.

what would have caused this change in WOT AFRs? I have even swapped my tunes among my three and no change.

I'm almost wondering if my autometer wideband sensor is reading wrong?

As far as your throttle position my plx multi gauge says the same thing 18% at idle and i think it only goes to 80% at wot

thanks man that clears that up,... I guess ill just wait till I go to the dyno with my 6spd swap and see if their AFR matches mine

I am not a tuner just passing on info that I have heard over the years but I believe during part throttle conditions (under 80% throttle position) the programmed fuel map settings can be manipulated by the computer to achieve the required A/F ratio. Basically the computer monitors the O2 sensor and adjust the fuel flow to achieve the perfect AFR. After 80% throttle everything is controlled via the fuel tables only and there is no adjustments to correct the AFR. My guess is that you have an air leak at the manifold or throttle body that is letting in unmetered air. The computer can compensate for this under part throttle but the problem shows itself at full throttle. I would look at the throttle body where your broken bolt is. To test you can spray some starter fluid near the TB and see if the RPM climb.

Well last night I went over her with a fine tooth comb and some ether. I couldn't find a single air leak and I did get the old bolt drilled out and re tapped so I now I have a bolt in the throttle body. All sealed. I ordered a new wide band sensor so if that don't fix it it just HAS to be tune. If I choke off some air at the box it should richen back up with less air flow? Otherwise I gotta swap back to stock throttle body to see if it does anything. I may just wait till I get the 6 speed in and have it remote dyno tuned.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back