Got hit yesterday

ccfeyh

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, our California weather bit me yesterday. It snowed here in the desert for over 18 hours straight, we've got a foot of snow everywhere.

So, the wife says we need stuff from the store, I have two choices, drive her pimped out lowered PT Cruiser (basically a snow plow in this situation) or drive my truck. So off I got to the store in the truck to stock up. Now, I've driven in snow many times and found that driving this beast is a little different in the snow than any other vehicle I've ever driven, first off, 1st gear is a complete waste of time, start in 2nd, then use the gearing to slow down and regulate speed, no problem.

So, I get to the store, go in and get the crap the wife wants, come out and some bastard has hit the front of my truck. Looks like all they damaged was the front license plate bracket, but won't know for sure until I can really get all the snow off it and take a good look. Needless to say, they were gone, no nothing, just screw up someone's vehicle and get the hell outta town.

Makes you want to reach out and TOUCH someone in a very personal way.

One additional finding, the mesh grilles are nothing but snow magnents and plug up real fast LOL

Sorry about that

I have never driven mine in the snow, but there is a guy that lives near me that uses his all year round. He does however switch his wheels and tires to 20" all season tires.

Bill.

I don't think she's ever seen snow Carl :p hell, she's never seen the garden-hose either :D

Quick

QuickSilver said:
I don't think she's ever seen snow Carl :p hell, she's never seen the garden-hose either :D

Quick

Well, Jerry, for those who live down there in the flatlands and on occasion, see some rain....

Yesterday was the exception, that's the first snow we've had in quite a few years. Gonna take some real cleaning to clean up my truck after yesterday.

Crap, we're still so damn isolated it's not even funny, all the road into and out of here are closed, the local street are also all screwed up and no one is going anywhere. I said to hell with it and worked from home today.

sorry to hear. :(

it's crap happening like this that has forced me to make my truck a "garage queen"........ can't drive & leave a nice ride any where without some loser f*ckin' with yer rides anymore..... :dontknow:

Driving these trucks in anything other than dry clear conditions is truck abuse...that being said...see if the store has a security camera of its parking lot...maybe, just maybe...you will get some revenge!

moparracing said:
sorry to hear. :(

it's crap happening like this that has forced me to make my truck a "garage queen"........ can't drive & leave a nice ride any where without some loser f*ckin' with yer rides anymore..... :dontknow:

Guess I'm going to have to buy another vehicle, the PT does not come out if there is even a hint of rain or bad weather, way too much money invested in it. The truck is my daily driver, but I think I need to re-think that and buy something that is not as important to me.

ccfeyh said:
Guess I'm going to have to buy another vehicle, the PT does not come out if there is even a hint of rain or bad weather, way too much money invested in it. The truck is my daily driver, but I think I need to re-think that and buy something that is not as important to me.

Hell yes!

Buy a ZR1 for daily use...and just go ahead and abuse the hell out of it! The '09 CTS V would also fill the daily driver bill very well too! :rock: :rock: :rock:

HIT AND RUN!

That Sucks, I drive a 2003 Quad cab for daily driver and just bought a PT Cruiser stock to fight the gas prices. I have a Brush buster on the front of my truck and leave the trailer hitch on the back and have still had people hit the back bumper on the Q/C. It's all the uninsured and no licence pukes that live in the AV where we live I have lived here since 1961 and seen worst snow than this!:fight: :ridinghorse: :ridinghorse: :ridinghorse: :boxing:

MR ED's SRT10 said:
That Sucks, I drive a 2003 Quad cab for daily driver and just bought a PT Cruiser stock to fight the gas prices. I have a Brush buster on the front of my truck and leave the trailer hitch on the back and have still had people hit the back bumper on the Q/C. It's all the uninsured and no licence pukes that live in the AV where we live I have lived here since 1961 and seen worst snow than this!:fight: :ridinghorse: :ridinghorse: :ridinghorse: :boxing:

Yea, yesterday was a pretty good snow, but there have been a whole lot worse before this one. Sounds like you've been up here as long as me.

Remember when they could fire a canon up here and not hit a damn thing? Park your car in your driveway with the keys in it and no one touched anything. Everyone knew each other, this place really sucks now.

Now we're over come by all the welfare warriors from down below.

Last edited:
It's happened to my 06RC 2 times total. The first time the original owner VnmPwrd who went in the store just to come back and find the truck bed dented in with nobody there to claim responsibility. The second time I was hit while at a stop light by a loaded fish truck with an illegal driving a company vehicle. The guy was on the cell phone and not paying attention.

That just plain sucks bro. I know you'll get her fixed soon and back to normal. Hang in there.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back