Got lucky with Johnny Law this morning

Goose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the situation, I was driving north on HWY 281 heading to work. I was minding my own business doing my normal 3-4 mph over the speed limit. I look in my rearview mirror and there is a newer Blacked-out F-150 that looks lowered....(up my arse.) There is a car next to me so I kindly accelerate up and get over, with no intentions of trying to mess with him. He rolls up beside me and starts gunning it. I am still in the process of letting my truck slow back down from 63 to 58. Then low-and-behold there is a Highway patrol coming towards us, on the other side of the median. He instantly hits his lites, I put my turn signal on, pull over, and wait patiently ( I was speeding!) The Ford keeps on going and does not even slow down. The trooper makes the U-turn and starts pulling up behind me then he just takes off after the Ford, I wait for a minute and then pull out. I get up the road and he has the guy out of the truck giving him the third degree!!!! Just another lucky situation, and reitterates the reason we should not be street racing. This could have went from getting lucky to loosing my lilcense and doing jail time.... Take Care and drive safe!

Not to be antagonistic, as I know you have our safety in mind... but there is something just wrong with owning a 500+ HP truck and always driving at the speed limit.

I am not reckless, but there are those "perfect opportunities" where opening her up is called for. To each of us such opportunities mean something different.

Some people enjoy taking a little risk here and there, such is the spice of life. As long as you can do it without hurting someone else.

My 2 cents.

What the hell was the ford thinking :dontknow: Good job on your part, you did get lucky. I wonder how many of us would have ended up with a ticket in that same situation :D

Annu Kumar said:
Whats The third degree:dontknow:

Thesaurus Legend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms Noun 1. third degree - interrogation often accompanied by torture to extort information or a confession..... - formal systematic questioning

Re: The incident.............

Discretion is the better part of valor.........

D

Last edited:
Django said:
Thesaurus Legend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms Noun 1. third degree - interrogation often accompanied by torture to extort information or a confession..... - formal systematic questioning

Re: The incident.............

Discretion is the better part of valor.........

D

Gotcha!!!!

SRT-MIKE said:
Not to be antagonistic, as I know you have our safety in mind... but there is something just wrong with owning a 500+ HP truck and always driving at the speed limit.

no there isn't.

SRT-MIKE said:
I am not reckless, but there are those "perfect opportunities" where opening her up is called for. To each of us such opportunities mean something different.

yes you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT-MIKE

no there isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT-MIKE

yes you are

Popcorn, anyone............?

D

JRSVIPR said:
Is the popcorn buttered?:D

J.R.

I certainly hope so................ :eek:

But, it doesn't look as if anything is actually materializing on the screen......

D

Whew!! Nice avoidance there!

Not sure if I would have been able to resist. And I rarely drive the speed limit. :eek: But, also rarely more than 10 over.

:D :D

SL2.jpg

Lemme get a handful of that popcorn too.

SRT-MIKE said:

Some people enjoy taking a little risk here and there, such is the spice of life. As long as you can do it without hurting someone else.

My 2 cents.

i agree completely. as long as you're not putting any unwilling people at risk, the truck needs to be opened up every now and then.

The cop was probably driving a Furd too. You could have taken them both.:D

AWDisuzu said:
no there isn't.

yes you are.

Some people are just naturally very good and never break any rules, that is awesome.

I'm more on the practical side, if I was going to drive slow all the time I'd would have purchased a V6 RAM. My personal take (and I'm sure some people could care less about my personal take) buying and SRT-10 to drive slow is like buying a samurai sword to cut your steak.

As far as being reckless, all I can show in my defense is one single speeding ticket on 1978, the year I started driving.

Glad you lucked out. These cops are getting real sneeky, I see tons of unmarked cops on the highways here, hiding under bridges, and behind entrance ramps like on I-281 and I-35, so I usually don't mess around when on those roads.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back