Got Mod's

PDR-GUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this week I installed my Lowering kit, cat-deletes, Magnaflow catback:rock: and need to install my sill plates and paint my cal mirrors, Still waiting on my shifter (got all from boomer)
Now, when installing my catback the only hangers that lined up were the last 2 in back and the ones on the muffler were not even close so I'll have to weld some more hangers on at work this week.
I guess the 06 is different from the 04 and 05 also the strangest thing is when I test drove it the engine light came on (expected with no sims) and now I have no headlites except the left bright I have never seen anything like it in over 20 years of working on cars?:confused:
So after my front end alignment I'm going to put my cats back on and take to the dealer.
Pics below

Gene

Last edited:
PDR-GUY said:
Well this week I installed my Lowering kit, cat-deletes, Magnaflow catback:rock: and need to install my sill plates and paint my cal mirrors, Still waiting on my shifter (got all from boomer)
Now, when installing my catback the only hangers that lined up were the last 2 in back and the ones on the muffler were not even close so I'll have to weld some more hangers on at work this week.
I guess the 06 is different from the 04 and 05 also the strangest thing is when I test drove it the engine light came on (expected with no sims) and now I have no headlites except the left bright I have never seen anything like it in over 20 years of working on cars?:confused:
So after my front end alignment I'm going to put my cats back on and take to the dealer.
Pics below

Gene
Looks great :D - good luck with your issues :rock:

Awesoe Job, really looks great

Thanks for sharing

Looks great i love that color. but get rid of those tail lights and go with boomers blacked out one. to each there own.

looks really good that sucks about the issues i just got my 1400 dollar B&B in and now i just found out i need to call them and have them send more parts to clamp onto my factory midpipes for some reason this is how it is done they dont send it with the exhaust all in one. nothing is ever easy man

TUGBOAT TRASH said:
a great stance.whats the #'s on the drop?congrats looks nice

I don't remember the drop but it's Boomers lowest kit.
As far as the issues go,
You can't see the smoke roll off the tires very good in the dark anyway. LOL :burnout:

2ndchance said:
Looks great i love that color. but get rid of those tail lights and go with boomers blacked out one. to each there own.

I would have liked to go with the blacked out look but I cant find any dark halo type headlites to match.
The 06 models have HUGE headlites.

PDR-GUY said:
Pics below
Gene

Boy I must be getting old, I found my headlite problem was the super white Xtreme vision bulbs that I put in, for some reason the truck didnt like them (not burned out) must be the wattage.
Put OEM back in and they work fine I guess thats what I get for doing to many mods at once.
If thats possible.

Your truck sits nice now! :rock: Love that color as well.

I still have a problem with those huge '06 headlights though...:dontknow:

Hamrhead said:
Your truck sits nice now! :rock: Love that color as well.

I still have a problem with those huge '06 headlights though...:dontknow:

Ya but when I get done with all the mods I have planned there wont be to many people that have to worry about looking at em. Know what I mean :burnout:

Great start....the rumor is your Bed is different than the 04-05...hence the muffle hanging problems....

Frame should be the same and the mounts are on the frame so who knows?
I'll look in the crashbook tomorrow and see whats different.
Gene

Last edited:
PDR-GUY said:
Frame should be the same and the mounts are on the frame so who knows?
I'll look in the crashbook tomorrow and see whats different.
Gene

The 06's have a new frame....Magnaflow is aware of the issue and last I heard was working on a 06 version catback.

Truck looks awesome !!! :D

Love the color. Not a big fan of clear tails. To each their own. I think it would look badass with dark LED's

Got a question about your suspension install - when I tried to install mine yesterday, I found that with the new spring and shock installed and the suspension at full droop, the spring isn't "tight" in the pockets - I can grab the spring and move it up and down almost an inch. Was yours like that too? I know it will compress with weight on it, but it seems like it will move around when the suspension extends. Also, what did you use to cut the bump stop bucket off? I hit it with a cutoff wheel, and barely dented it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back