Great link regarding our trucks from SRT

Ther are errors in the article, however, pretty damn cool!

the video was cool also found this regarding 2014

As for another SRT10 Ram, Ralph Gilles said in May 2012, “We'll never put an SRT engine just randomly in any car... just never, that's just not what you do with a performance engine. ... [When John McElroy asked about the Ram V10:] We did look at it, to be honest with you...in the past... but, the original short wheelbase V10 truck was an amazing machine... When we went to four doors we ruined the formula. ...I vowed, we will never do that again.â€￾ A two-door Ram with the Viper V10 is possible, but seems unlikely in the foreseeable future.

Damn sounds like Giles just threw a socket wrench at the Quad Cab group!! While not the "fastest" SRT10 I enjoy the hell out of the extra cabin space in the Quad Cab. While the vehicle is slightly heavier it is still a blast to drive.....and like stated above second and third string can wait their turn patiently in the back ;-)

No they ruined the formula by making it an auto! Anyone that's ridden in my Quad will tell you it's a beast of a truck minus the automatic tranny!:chain:
Or ask Sergio,HotrodJim,ArrestmeRed, how my quad compares :burnout:
They should have installed the T56 instead of the 48RE, that's where they ruined it :argh:

I road in the beast of VENOMOUS1 but gotta tell ya, my problem is my legs ain’t long enough to clutch it. Sides, when I have my heart attack when passing a string of 10 cars on a 2 lane road I want my wifey to be able to get me to the vet. His is a beast but mine is purddier. :D

I think Gilles is very mistaken in his notion that 4 doors ruin the formula. He is simply eliminating buyers who want a performance truck, not just a HEMI. Their mistake was putting the 48RE behind the Viper motor, it sucked. Not everyone can utilize a reg cab. I am one of these people. I have a family. WTF am I going to do with a RC? Put my kids in the bed?

Leave the RC as the ultimate performance machine and make a QC that is pretty damn close for those who can not practically use a RC. I just don't understand why he can't see that. I also use mine as truck but also enjoy the fact that it is an SRT10 that I can romp on once in awhile.

Case in point I am redoing a bathroom in my house and the truck is the workhorse bringing back concrete board, drywall, and 4x8 sheets of plywood. Try that with a Charger SRT8!!!

I think Gilles is very mistaken in his notion that 4 doors ruin the formula. He is simply eliminating buyers who want a performance truck, not just a HEMI. Their mistake was putting the 48RE behind the Viper motor, it sucked. Not everyone can utilize a reg cab. I am one of these people. I have a family. WTF am I going to do with a RC? Put my kids in the bed?

Leave the RC as the ultimate performance machine and make a QC that is pretty damn close for those who can not practically use a RC. I just don't understand why he can't see that. I also use mine as truck but also enjoy the fact that it is an SRT10 that I can romp on once in awhile.

Case in point I am redoing a bathroom in my house and the truck is the workhorse bringing back concrete board, drywall, and 4x8 sheets of plywood. Try that with a Charger SRT8!!!

Well I don't think the SRT Truck was meant to be a work horse and daily driver, it is a sport truck. Any more then the Vipes is suppose to be the family sadan. So do you think we need a 4 door viper? Guess no one with a family will buy one cause it only seats 2.......

Reallity is they are trying to build speaclalized vehicles in limited number for people that want such a thing. They aren't trying to make a version to make everyone happy.

I agree that that the auto was the biggest problem with the truck though. I drove one at an SRT track experience after I had gotten my RC. The thing felt like a total dog. I really felt bad for the people their that had never driven and RC because in their mind the SRT Truck was not impressive at all.

My qc rocks its it's the hottest thing around in my books and that's all that really mattes is that your are happy with your truck I really haven't lost a race yet and I scare the crap outta people when they get in it with me

Well I don't think the SRT Truck was meant to be a work horse and daily driver, it is a sport truck. Any more then the Vipes is suppose to be the family sadan. So do you think we need a 4 door viper? Guess no one with a family will buy one cause it only seats 2.......

Reallity is they are trying to build specialized vehicles in limited number for people that want such a thing. They aren't trying to make a version to make everyone happy.

I agree that that the auto was the biggest problem with the truck though. I drove one at an SRT track experience after I had gotten my RC. The thing felt like a total dog. I really felt bad for the people their that had never driven and RC because in their mind the SRT Truck was not impressive at all.

I don't use the truck as a general contractor would but simply use it to put big stuff in it occasionally that you can't do with a car or Jeep GC.

I clearly stated that the RC is the "sport truck" your words, my words were ultimate performance version. My point was that making a performance version that can tow and has 4 doors was a pretty awesome idea. It too was not for everyone but was not a HEMI truck either. After some transmission work and a tune mine is no slouch either. A best 1/4 mile time of 13.2@103 mph on street tires is nothing to be ashamed of.

I also own a Dodge minivan that my wife drives. If she is out or working and I have to use the truck to pick up the kids I can. Or if we simply want to take the truck out we can. For me a 2D truck just is not an option. So for others in my situation were out of the equation. That's all I'm saying.

Using the Viper as a comparison doesn't fit. It's a Halo car just like the Corvette is. These are pick up trucks made to be sporty, not sports cars.

My father has a RC SRT10 so I have driven both. Each has there own unique qualities and if the QC was built with a great transmission it would have been just as good in its own right. Goes fast, tows, has a decent payload.

Only got it that low once. Usually runs 13.6-13.4 with a trap of 101-102. If I took the spare, tailgate and tonneau cover off I sure I could pick up some time. If I find the timeslip I'll post it up.

What i dont understand is in this article says we ruined it by being 4 door what about the grand cherokee? Isnt it 4 door?

Only got it that low once. Usually runs 13.6-13.4 with a trap of 101-102. If I took the spare, tailgate and tonneau cover off I sure I could pick up some time. If I find the timeslip I'll post it up.

I only ran it once and I got 13.6 at 102 since then I dealted the rear cats and got a ud pulley I wanna get high flow cats up front next then hit the track

Back