GTO

greerracing

Reaction score
Just wondering if any body has raced a 2005 gto and how quick are they as in quarter mile time. My best friend just bought one and he wants to race me the next time were at the local track.
I have a 2005 qc with torries tuner.

You should be able to handle him. Most of them I have seen were in the high 13's in the quarter

FATJACK said:
You should be able to handle him. Most of them I have seen were in the high 13's in the quarter

Jack you are thinking about the slower 04 model...the 05 got a 50HP bump in power and would run low 13s (high 12s on a great track with good driver).........your truck is probably slightly slower but you could beat him by out driving.....

i raced an 06' with a 6.0l when i was bone stock (paper air filter). i ran him from a roll several times from a few different speeds and they were really good races...i notched him out by maybe a fender or 2. not sure how it would turn out from a dig though

The GTO is a drivers race most first time GTO owners do not know how to launch them if its a manuel now if its automatic watch out they are pretty quick.

They are just ugly, too much Holden in them. I think GM dropped the ball on this one, should have been retro styling.

FATJACK said:
They are just ugly, too much Holden in them. I think GM dropped the ball on this one, should have been retro styling.
you cant even outrun your own fart , why you postin?:itsme:

FATJACK said:

Yep...big mistake....if they had looked like a 70 Judge they would have saved Pontiac........They were a real bargain at the end.....my local Pontiac dealer had a lot full of 06 models in the fall of 06....I could have bought a $35K sticker 06 for $25K.....tempted me but I just could not get by the looks...:(

TNVIPER said:
Yep...big mistake....if they had looked like a 70 Judge they would have saved Pontiac........They were a real bargain at the end.....my local Pontiac dealer had a lot full of 06 models in the fall of 06....I could have bought a $35K sticker 06 for $25K.....tempted me but I just could not get by the looks...:(
looks likeyou in overhauls:aetsch: :aetsch: :itsme:

CentralTexHemi said:
The GTO is a drivers race most first time GTO owners do not know how to launch them if its a manuel now if its automatic watch out they are pretty quick.

Now Wade, you and Wade Jr. ( Tooloe) saw my QC hand that black 6.0 GTO his ass 3 times on the Valley that night. I think maybe even ArrestMeRed was there as well? I had him by a car easy!:rock: :burnout: They are fat pigs with a strong heart! Now a 6 speed 6.0 is alot more of a race, well they take me by about 1-2 cars.:mad:

VENOMOUS1 said:
Now Wade, you and Wade Jr. ( Tooloe) saw my QC hand that black 6.0 GTO his ass 3 times on the Valley that night. I think maybe even ArrestMeRed was there as well? I had him by a car easy!:rock: :burnout: They are fat pigs with a strong heart! Now a 6 speed 6.0 is alot more of a race, well they take me by about 1-2 cars.:mad:

He was just toying with you we all know the GTO is superior:elefant:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back