Gun Laws in South Florida??

They are the same statewide.

What aspect are you interested in?

Black1 (Jake) may be the Florida expert.

The stats I read said that over 600,000 vehicles in the State of Florida are carrying heat...be careful who you give the finger!

Prof said:
They are the same statewide.

What aspect are you interested in?

Black1 (Jake) may be the Florida expert.

can an 18 yr old buy or have a firearm is my question

lamia2super said:
can an 18 yr old buy or have a firearm is my question
Federal law says only a long gun (rifle or shotgun) in Cali a minor can have a handgun,but, only with the written permission of the parents/ guardian in thier possesion while in custody of the handgun last time I checked

SilvrSRT10 said:
According to the link I posted it says at least 21 years old for a pistol.

but cant the ownership of a pistol be transferred to their son?

lamia2super said:
but cant the ownership of a pistol be transferred to their son?
After age 21:( does not apply to assaualt weapons in Cali

lamia2super said:
so a kid can have a assault rifle but not a pistol? makes sense haha
Sorry ,was not clear in my answer, which is a big no way Jose

are their any special cases? like a course or permit or anything that an 18 year old can take to legally carry a weapon? living in south Florida right know isn't what you might call safe.

lamia2super said:
are their any special cases? like a course or permit or anything that an 18 year old can take to legally carry a weapon? living in south Florida right know isn't what you might call safe.
Not to my knowlage as it is a Fedreral Law ( handguns),. You could contact the BATF and the State authorities for clarification.

lamia2super said:

Federal law says 21 or older to carry a concealed pistol. No exceptions. Here in AL you can carry an unconcealed weapon with no permit.

Last edited:
an AR 15 is fine correct? what do you guys think is better a stag arms or a bushmaster?

lamia2super said:
an AR 15 is fine correct? what do you guys think is better a stag arms or a bushmaster?
Any 18 year old with an AR 15 is going to be subject to harassment by the LEO's ( Boy what you doi'n with that thing) just because of the way it looks!!
Just something to consider.
Taking a hunters safety course and getting a hunting license would at least give an acceptable reason for having a firearm. Joining a Gun Club helps also as many Leo's attend shooting meets at the clubs and they get to know you and you them. It helps:D

However ya can't hunt much with that small of a caliber (.223) May conceder a larger caliber rifle ( or shotgun) that is way less obtrusive looking.
I know the AR's are macho looking, but, they draw Way to much attention:(

Now we just need suggestions as to which weapon will be good for your son.
Without all the Tactical stuff that makes it appear as if you have a terrorist weapon.

Back