Guys with elctrical problems take a look

OSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While i was rerouting for wires to relocate my fuse panel and such i came across something that you might want to know. Wires in the picture below were not soldered just laid together and covered with adhesive lined heat shrink to hold them together. Found it when i was pulling on the wire and it came out . This particular wire goes to the harness that goes to the rear of the truck. Maybe its just a Hemi thing;) The wires look as though they had been crimped/pressed together first but in a harsh environment i believe such connections will be a problem over time
100_7579.jpg

Last edited:
yellowfever#154 said:
Are you the first and only owner of the truck?
Yep, that is an original connection deep in the harness. There are a few of those types of connections i will be replacing just to be safe. The way the wires are ran is one of the most inefficient ways to build a harness, wires coming from the same area travel two feet to be tied in together only to travel back were they came from . It actually looks like something in the prototype stage of design, you know the one where they go damn we put the plug for the light switch next to the tail light harness.

Last edited:
Crazy, I noticed the same thing about wires routed one way only to change directions. I didnt notice any connections like you have although I didnt go quite as far on my fuse box relocate as what you did.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back