Hand Held Programmers available soon!

vprtech said:
We can give you the same calibration that we already give you with our flashed pcm. The differance is, that the programmer can store up to three modified programs. As an example, you could have our standard pump gas flash, a "race" flash with mapping for high octane fuel, and a valet flash with the car de-tuned.

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com
:rock: Ready, Ready! :dancing:

Quick

Dan, put me on your list of customers for this unit. That's great news for all of us. In the Valley of the Sun.

:D

Thats the ticket I've been waiting for ----Glad I don't have to wait much longer....Great timing and Job Dan.

HOT RAM said:
What age/weight group do you compete in ? What sanctioning org. are you lifting in ? What are your best lifts ?
Off thread but to answer.......

Compete in Open and Master 50-54 275# and 308# division when at State level, Master only when at Nationals and Worlds.

Sanctioning organization is APF Nationally/WPC Globally

Best recent competition lifts are 914 squat, 562 bench, 672 deadlift

Next competition 09/22 in St francesville, La.. Plan to nail 1003 on squat (missed on depth at WPC World's November 2006), expect to be successful on 601 on bench 2nd attempt, recently pulled 705 in the gym and plan to take that 2nd attempt on deadlift.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

oldguy

vprtech said:
We can give you the same calibration that we already give you with our flashed pcm. The differance is, that the programmer can store up to three modified programs. As an example, you could have our standard pump gas flash, a "race" flash with mapping for high octane fuel, and a valet flash with the car de-tuned.

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com

Now, back on thread......for those of us with the flashed PCM, how would the options work for us? I sorta assumed our stock settings were gone.

Also, will the handheld programmer be upgradeable via the internet? Plus will there be custom flashes on the tuner to accommodate upgrades?

oldguysrt10 said:
Now, back on thread......for those of us with the flashed PCM, how would the options work for us? I sorta assumed our stock settings were gone.

Also, will the handheld programmer be upgradeable via the internet? Plus will there be custom flashes on the tuner to accommodate upgrades?

Damn, sorry for one more post but another question, for those of us who bought a flash through DC Performance, any price break on the handheld tuner?

Thanks,
oldguy

Looks like I held out for just the right item....ooooooo yeah....its Kool Aid (Smile) Time!!!:D:D:D

oldguysrt10 said:

The first time you use the programmer, it will read the current program from your ecu and save it, in case you ever want to go back to it at a latter date. For those who already have a flashed ecu, you would have the option of us uploading a stock ecu file into the hand held programmer.

At this time, to the best of my knowledge, the programmer cannot be updated through the internet. I do believe this will be an option in the future.

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com

DC Performance said:
As many of you know DC Performance has long been one of a few companies capable of tuning the JTEC controllers used in the Viper, Viper truck and other Dodge product. In the past we have either programmed your computer or sold you a new one. Now thanks to the aftermarket we can provide you with a hand held flash programmer that will allow you to put our DC flash into your car, without buying a new computer or sending us yours. It even gets better, here are some more features:

1. You can have up to three tunes in the hand tool, which you can select,
Pump gas, Race gas or Valet. You can even put your program back to
stock if you wish.

2. There may be some end user availability, rev limit, speed limit, timing etc.
This is not confirmed yet. There may also be some data logging capability.

Soon software will be available for many shops to tune these vehicles. What will set DC Performance apart from others are our many years of previous knowledge and the ability to give the best calibration. Our pricing will be very competitive.

We will be one of the first to offer this, please stay tuned for more information.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc
310-841-6996
www.dcperformance.com

You guys rock!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

So its similar to the Super Chips that is available for the Hemi? The computer is only good for that VIN until the stock program is put back into the ECU and then it can be used on another vechicle. I paid close to $400.00 for the controller for my Hemi and wow what a difference plus I could read trouble codes and reset them.

Now this is great news indeed. The next mod on my list was the DC Stage II for the QC:)

Is DC going to load maybe that into the handheld for me in advance??

I'm on the list for this for sure.

CarDude said:
I'll bet this is the predator. They have been working furiously on the SRT8 handheld unit. I have been patient on waiting for that one...I need one for the Viper....and I already have an extra ecu and Boomer tune for the truck (rats).
I agree with CarDude...A local tuner assured me he will have a Diablo Predator for our SRT trucks, and Vipers last week. I currently have the Predator for my 07 Zo6 LS7 and love it, it can data log and allows you to change dozens of parameters. The people at Diablo are very helpful and have a special tuner forum chat.

Thanks for all of the interest; we will be able to release pricing and more specific information in the next two weeks. With any new product, we want to make sure that we test it fully before the release.

Here are some answers to your questions:

1.For those of you that have our flash currently, we will offer you the new hand held flash
Programmer with our new flash options (including your program) at the price of the flash
Programmer only. This way you will not have to pay twice for the program.

2.Pricing will be consistent with our current calibrations, but the flash programmer will be
included.

3.You will still have the option of programming your controller or purchasing a new one.

4. This product is sold for "off road use only", which makes the ability to change back and forth
to performance mode a benefit. Basically, you will have a road and track option.

I will keep everyone informed as we move forward. Exact pricing and options will be announced shortly.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc.
310-841-6996

Last edited:
Sounds great Dan... can't wait to get one. I bought a new pcm and flash from you over a year ago in Orange County Ca., I moved to a 3600' elevation now and it feels like my emergency brake is on.

So this will work similar to a Superchips or a Hypertech tuner? Just with more options? :dontknow:

So instead of buying a second PCm or sendout ours to get it flashed, we will have the ability to program it ourselves and if we go to the dealership we can switch back to stock programming?

Is this going to be user friendly? I have very little knowledge with this modern computer stuff. Now give me a Q-Jet and a different story.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back