has anyone tried this head unit for an 06 without nav

NemesisPrime

Reaction score
2006~2008 DODGE RAM P/U Car GPS Navigation DVD Player Audio Video System [KZ-GM5621] - US$319.00 : diycardvd.com

$319

Has anyone used this type of after market radio for an 2006, 10. I really want to keep the carbon fiber bezel and don't want to spend $250 on a stock carbon fiber navigation bezel besides the cost of the new radio it self. My plans are to replace all the amps, the radio, sub, and the 6 x 9 in the front doors.

Also let me know of any other options besides buying another CF bezel.

Thanks

Last edited:
Viperhauler had one installed in a jeep. He will be able to give some input

Pretty sweet! I avoided one without nav like the plague when I bought mine. Had I of seen this earlier I might have been a little more open. Its an aesthetic thing for me. I plan to change the stocker out anyways because it isnt touch.. but I use my phone for actual nav.

Pretty sweet! I avoided one without nav like the plague when I bought mine. Had I of seen this earlier I might have been a little more open. Its an aesthetic thing for me. I plan to change the stocker out anyways because it isnt touch.. but I use my phone for actual nav.

I also use my phone for navigation as well. Is there one available without navigation? Every one I've seen has navigation. If you actually own one of these, how is the sound quality and reliability, that's the 2 main things I'm concerned with.

Well doing a quick search for reviews of this Web site, the product build quality doesn't seem all that great. So I guess I will have to bite the bullet and purchase a navigation CF bezel and a stereo from a reputable company like Alpine, Pioneer, etc.:(

Man I didn't want to sink a ton of cash into a stereo, but my stock system sounds like crap.

i had one in my wife's JGC...

for the money it seems like a killer deal... i hate the din and a half and i wanted the factory look.

i actually bought it for my truck, but i installed it and it didn't work - now... the truck has been cut up and had a security system installed and somebody made a mess of the wires, so i did a little test... i took the RB1 out of the jeep and put this head unit in her old jeep... worked great... and the RB1 worked fine in my truck...

i ran the mic for the bluetooth, ran the lines for the rear camera (and never installed it), i mean it has a lot of features for the money... the audio was clear, but had a lot of ambient noise - hell, what do you expect... it's cheap... the touch screen was easy to use and came with a stylus that i never used - it found most every place i ever typed in, as far as navigation is concerned, there were TONS of other features i never cared to figure out that were never used... the nav screen was clear with directions and had every pebble in the road, just about... pretty nice... i didn't buy the steering wheel controls adapter, but i didn't care... the bluetooth streaming from the ipod was clear (especially if you have multiple rednecks who need to switch from 2chainz to blake shelton pretty quick:D) and it had an ipod hardwired line for charging and media transfer...

after about a month, when it was hot outside, the FM stations would just reset... ok, not the end of the world... then one day it just went blank... like died... tried a master reset, tried everything i could think of and it just came up a black screen with the chrysler logo in it...

now... i will say that 1.) my battery in the car died and i had to replace it - i suppose something could have gone haywire during the swapout... doubtful, but plausible... or 2.) maybe the heat, or some other install from when i swapped it from the other truck that had the wiring issues caused something to get corrupted - i doubt that too, but anything's possible...

it has a 12 month warranty and i emailed the company and they never emailed me back... i'm going to try a few times to figure out what ebay and paypal have to say...

the execution was great for head unit, but IMO the hardware and/or QC was off - hell it's not like it's an alpine or kenwood head unit so i didn't have much faith to begin with...

at the end of the day, i'd buy another one and see if i just didn't get a dud because if it does work like it's supposed to, it's a helluva nice unit for a few hundred bucks...

i had one in my wife's JGC...

for the money it seems like a killer deal... i hate the din and a half and i wanted the factory look.

i actually bought it for my truck, but i installed it and it didn't work - now... the truck has been cut up and had a security system installed and somebody made a mess of the wires, so i did a little test... i took the RB1 out of the jeep and put this head unit in her old jeep... worked great... and the RB1 worked fine in my truck...

i ran the mic for the bluetooth, ran the lines for the rear camera (and never installed it), i mean it has a lot of features for the money... the audio was clear, but had a lot of ambient noise - hell, what do you expect... it's cheap... the touch screen was easy to use and came with a stylus that i never used - it found most every place i ever typed in, as far as navigation is concerned, there were TONS of other features i never cared to figure out that were never used... the nav screen was clear with directions and had every pebble in the road, just about... pretty nice... i didn't buy the steering wheel controls adapter, but i didn't care... the bluetooth streaming from the ipod was clear (especially if you have multiple rednecks who need to switch from 2chainz to blake shelton pretty quick:D) and it had an ipod hardwired line for charging and media transfer...

after about a month, when it was hot outside, the FM stations would just reset... ok, not the end of the world... then one day it just went blank... like died... tried a master reset, tried everything i could think of and it just came up a black screen with the chrysler logo in it...

now... i will say that 1.) my battery in the car died and i had to replace it - i suppose something could have gone haywire during the swapout... doubtful, but plausible... or 2.) maybe the heat, or some other install from when i swapped it from the other truck that had the wiring issues caused something to get corrupted - i doubt that too, but anything's possible...

it has a 12 month warranty and i emailed the company and they never emailed me back... i'm going to try a few times to figure out what ebay and paypal have to say...

the execution was great for head unit, but IMO the hardware and/or QC was off - hell it's not like it's an alpine or kenwood head unit so i didn't have much faith to begin with...

at the end of the day, i'd buy another one and see if i just didn't get a dud because if it does work like it's supposed to, it's a helluva nice unit for a few hundred bucks...

Thanks for the awesome input on this head unit. Regardless of how great a deal it may seem I just can't spend $3-400 on something to be replacing it in a year. If I wanted to do that I wouldn't have purchased a SRT-10 I would have purchased a Chevy SS pickup or SSR. :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back