Hayabusa insurance

505'sFastestViper. said:
VideoCamera082.jpg

here is my other one

OK, you have way too many toys and they need to be distributed throughout the community.

Sweet bike 505!!!

The one I bought is lowered a few inches, a 200mm tire on the back, a titanium exhaust, and a programmer to switch from street to strip driving.

I got a killer deal on it, (a 1/4 of what a new Hybrid cost)and figure I can use it to go back and forth to work (110 miles a day) since it can get up to 45 -50 mpg.

It my way of going Green :D :D

Have you tried USAA? They deal with progressive but I'm pretty sure they get a better deal for the Military. Its what I used on my bike and with minimum legal coverage it was 208$ for 6 months. Granted my bike is just a 750 kaw, but I think they give pretty good deals.

The phone goes silent when you tell them GSX 1300R.
Don't even say the word "Hayabusa" or they will hang up.

I can get just liability for $171 a year from Progressive, it the full coverage that a killer! Theft, and accidents makes then a high risk.

It would easier to get insurance on ballistic mission with wheels then this thing.

Most companies won't even give you a policy on a "busa.... They're "black-listed". Brian had his through Progressive and it was astronomical..... He let it lapse because he wasn't riding it, and the bank put their own insurance on it. They kept telling him, if they (the bank) had to insure it, it would be really expensive. Well, it's $900 LESS a year than Progressive. :dontknow: :D

l_3395ce83c8130ee58653743f517509a0.jpg

Last edited:
Progressive was $1,200 a year. lowest so far has been $937.00. for full coverage.

I said screw it, and just got liability for $137.00. Just got to make sure I keep it locked up, hidden and and bolted to the floor.

My cousin has had one stolen, and his friend have had 2 stolen from him within 2 weeks.
First one he had just gotten it and took over to a relatives house. Within 15 minutes, someone drove by and loaded it up into a truck and took off. Hadn't even gotten insurance on it yet.
The second one stolen was 3 day after he got it home. They broke out his truck window and pushed his garage door opener.

Tulsa pretty much a high theft area for anything not nailed down.

I'm paying 600 for 12 months on my 1300 FJR (granted it's not a busa)... that's with 250/500/100 comp collision towing.. roadside assitance.... it's with ALLIED Insurance... <shrug>

It just ticks me off insurance is so high. I paid way over twice the amount for my harley, and I only pay 350 a year for full coverage.

I could live with $600. The price for speed I guess.... I'll price around with that one and some others come next spring when I start to do some serioius riding on it.

By that time, I might have broken the news to the Girlie friend.

That what my cousin was telling me. He told me I would have to have a car with them before they would do a bike.
I had them at one time, but kept bumping up my premiums til I finally dropped them. When I renew my policy next February, I'll check them out.

Yeah that sportbike insurance will kick your ass.I went from a honda Vtx that I was paying 120.00 a year for insurance to 430 for my new BMW K1200s.Had to really search online for a rate like that.Check out American Home Insurance Company.They may be able to help you.

I have my insurance through Foremost. They were the only ones that would insure customs at the time. Give them a try.

And on the subject of wheelies, ask Mutt about the guy he knows that from what I've heard wheelies the shit out of his bike. Did I mention it's a Harley bagger?

Last edited:
Black1 said:
The first one is way too short.

The second one is how it should be done.

The third one is a power wheelie, which means he is not getting it high enough to balance it, so he is requiring power to hold it there. I have never seen a bike with an extended swing arm carry a balance wheelie. I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying I have never seen one.

Balance is the key to long wheelies.

Bill.

Begood said:
The first one is way too short.

The second one is how it should be done.

The third one is a power wheelie, which means he is not getting it high enough to balance it, so he is requiring power to hold it there. I have never seen a bike with an extended swing arm carry a balance wheelie. I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying I have never seen one.

Balance is the key to long wheelies.

Bill.

This one doesn't have a 6" stretch... maybe a 4".... but, stretched, none-the-less. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3pDBZGMngU&feature=related

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back