Header Gasket

sparksftball69

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took of the manifolds and installed my new B&B headers the ports (primary off to the side a bit) were just a little off on 1 or 2 on each side but I got them on. My problem was when i took the manifolds off i didnt pay attention to how the gasket went on. So i used the ones supplied by B&B. Well lets just say they suck and leak. Can someone help me out with how the OEM gaskets go on. Theres the main gasket and then 3 individuals ones per port. how to they go on. Do the individuals go towards the motor or away. Or are they sandwiched... I really dont want to do this but I'm just going to have to take them off and start over. Cant take the slight leak anymore. (week or two).

Are you trying to reuse the original gaskets??

The OE gaskets are sandwiched but are one piece

It has a long 5 port one that is not apart. But then there are individual ports also. Theres three individual metal gaskets (not including the long 5 port) per exhaust port.

nothing looks broken or messed up just came right out when i pulled the manifolds. If these are garbage then what should i go to? Def not one of those paper or crappy gaskets that come with the headers

either OEM gaskets from one of our vendors or Cometic MLS gaskets

I re-used mine, cleaned them up, looked for marking and matched up each port and taped them together, once the bolts were through I removed the tape. so far no leaks. I do have a set of oem on order, just in case.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back