Headers and SCT installed!!!!!!

hemibates

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG I dont know were to begin. The absolute difference in power or the absolute pain in the a@@ it was to install!! O.K. The Headers took a litttle over 10 hours for me to install!! I have some pics but am a complete retard on posting them. But my god it really made a difference in power. I honestely cant believe the difference it made. First gear is now pointless for me 20mph roll and stab it and its just spinage!!:D :burnout: I still have the Roeracing throttlebody to install. But I can honestly recomment the Mopar long tube with catless mids and Roeracings tune on the sct. Now just cant wait for the t-body to get installed! My god I think I just had a sexual experience with my truck;)

haha, that is a good thing. get a photobucket account, load them up, copy & paste the html line in to the thread and we can see them,, I am jealous I want to have sex with my truck too!

hemibates said:
OMG I dont know were to begin. The absolute difference in power or the absolute pain in the a@@ it was to install!! O.K. The Headers took a litttle over 10 hours for me to install!! I have some pics but am a complete retard on posting them. But my god it really made a difference in power. I honestely cant believe the difference it made. First gear is now pointless for me 20mph roll and stab it and its just spinage!!:D :burnout: I still have the Roeracing throttlebody to install. But I can honestly recomment the Mopar long tube with catless mids and Roeracings tune on the sct. Now just cant wait for the t-body to get installed! My god I think I just had a sexual experience with my truck;)

you just need to get rid of that 410 gear in 04s and put at least a 456 in it

Ironhead said:
you just need to get rid of that 410 gear in 04s and put at least a 456 in it

Ironhead is a wise man master Bates.:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout:

Last edited:
yes that is, so who carries the 456? I got a 04, i was not aware of this weakness. damn it. can some one send me the damn memos

Big Worm said:
yes that is, so who carries the 456? I got a 04, i was not aware of this weakness. damn it. can some one send me the damn memos

The 4:56 is a nite and day difference, some are going to 4:88's:rock:

Big Worm said:

Only way to get a 4.56 is to buy an 05 or 06....absolutely no way to fit a 4.56 gear in an 04.......the 4.10 meant "year 2004, year 1" (4.1)...the 4.56 means "after 2004 (the 4) and fits 2005s (the 5) and 2006s (the 6)......now the 4.88s..well, that is a whole nother story...........

Big Worm said:

Only way to get a 4.56 is to buy an 05 or 06....absolutely no way to fit a 4.56 gear in an 04.......the 4.10 meant "year 2004, year 1" (4.1)...the 4.56 means "after 2004 (the 4) and fits 2005s (the 5) and 2006s (the 6)......now the 4.88s..well, that is a whole nuther story...........

TNVIPER said:
Only way to get a 4.56 is to buy an 05 or 06....absolutely no way to fit a 4.56 gear in an 04.......the 4.10 meant "year 2004, year 1" (4.1)...the 4.56 means "after 2004 (the 4) and fits 2005s (the 5) and 2006s (the 6)......now the 4.88s..well, that is a whole nuther story...........

Now Larry, I think you are mistaken but someone with more knowledge than me would have to say. (Stinker)

TNVIPER said:
How many has Stinker had tonite?...:p

Quite a few, I hope.:rock:
In all fairness, I don't think Stinker drinks (except at GTG's)

Last edited:
Alright to my understanding you can change the 4.10 to 4.56. It's a alittle more complex then what ya think though. If you change it you have to change the carrier and all. Whille apart I would upgrade the spider gears as well. Talk to Ernie (Ih8cvy) he has changed them out. Call Stinker for all sorts of options and $$$$. Both of these guys have helped me make my choice...................s/c or turbo, or NOX I would go with 4.56, just bolt ons I would go with 4.88.......Thats just my.02!!

talk to UNITRAX..i was planning on doing this at some point.

Hello:

Just wanted to take a moment to update the pricing on the basic 4.56 SRT pickup ratio change kit. We have completed our 2008 price changes we can offer the basic 4.56 ratio change kit with premium Shaeffers's Supreme 293 oil and friction modifier for $500.00 plus shipping.

This kit should be all that is needed, assuming your bearings are in good condition.

Regards,

Devin B. King
UNITRAX Drivetrain, Inc.
1280 North Sunshine Way
Anaheim, CA 92806-1746
[email protected]
Fax: 714.630.5851

Big Worm said:
haha, that is a good thing. get a photobucket account, load them up, copy & paste the html line in to the thread and we can see them,, I am jealous I want to have sex with my truck too!

:mad: I am trying to upload pix And yes sexual experience with truck is.............well you can imagine.

FATJACK said:
Ironhead is a wise man master Bates.:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout:

HAHA I know but 22mpg on the highway is AWSOME!! Beter than my friends hemi with MDS!!!:D

Some one help me post some pix!! I will email them I need a brain transplant to learn this damn post pix thing.

hemibates said:
Some one help me post some pix!! I will email them I need a brain transplant to learn this damn post pix thing.
Send them to me in the next 1/2 hour and I can post them for you...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back