Headlights won't turn OFF!

trussman

Reaction score
Ok, drove my truck tonite for the first time in a couple weeks to take the ole mutt to the vet. When I get there I shut the engine off, turn off the headlights, and as usual, they stay on a little while. That is typical. The problem was noticed when after 45 min inside, I come out to headlights on still. So, I assumed I bumped the unlock button and they kicked back on. Well, I get home and same deal. No matter if I turn the off before I shut the truck off or turn off after, they won't shut off. Dash lights, running lights, and tail lights all go on and off with switch, but not the headlights. I did get them off by disconnecting the battery for now. When I reconnected, they popped right back on. Help please! I don't want to reset my radio every time I leave the house LOL

sounds like a short in your headlight wiring causing a constant draw .. check your wires coming off the headlights and look for bare spots,,

sounds like a short in your headlight wiring causing a constant draw .. check your wires coming off the headlights and look for bare spots,,

Gonna check that this evening after work. Seems this kinda stuff always happens when it's 40 and raining

it happened to me before and it was the control module for your day time running lights

you could check and see if its the high beam or low beam thats staying on

My lights didn't use to come on unless I turned them on. So I'm assuming no DRL's on it. Also, my fuse box under the hood says nowhere on it "headlamps" or anything of the sort. I got off late and was unable to check it out but I have nothin to do saturday so I will tackle it then. Thanks all for the input and I will post what it was for future reference ;)

Damn ur's wont go off and mine wont come on,,,,I love Dodge but damn.............

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back