Heater controls help!

IronAffliction

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 quad cab and one of the lights burned out in the heater controls. I thought i would replace all of them with blue led lights since my other interior lights are all blue leds. To my surprise i took it apart to find 3 bulbs that do not look like they can be swaped out only cut out and soder them back in. Has anyone done this before? Looking to see how its done and what style of led would work if possible. Thanks

I had mine apart a week or so ago.
You are correct, they are soldered in. I didn't take a voltage reading, but you can do a LED with a resistor inline. I just got my LED's and resistors in the mail last week, so I should be doing this soon.

I had mine apart a week or so ago.
You are correct, they are soldered in. I didn't take a voltage reading, but you can do a LED with a resistor inline. I just got my LED's and resistors in the mail last week, so I should be doing this soon.

Where did you get yours from? Do you have part numbers

Let me see if it works, then I'll let you know.
I have a plan B as well

I have a 2005 quad cab and one of the lights burned out in the heater controls. I thought i would replace all of them with blue led lights since my other interior lights are all blue leds. To my surprise i took it apart to find 3 bulbs that do not look like they can be swaped out only cut out and soder them back in. Has anyone done this before? Looking to see how its done and what style of led would work if possible. Thanks
I haven't had my climate control apart on my 10 but on my 02 Ram they can be changed out. Do you have a pic of what it looks like?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Just took these pics but these are the bulbs that were burnt out in my 02 for the climate control. Like I was saying, not sure if they are the same on the SRT but if they are, you can find them all over ebay.
20161118_212803.jpg20161118_212752.jpg20161118_212739.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

These are what it looks like there are 3 bulbs

Attachments

• 20161111_135636.jpg
    20161111_135636.jpg
    963.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20161111_135551.jpg
    20161111_135551.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 46
They are leds in our heater control that have to be cut out and soldered back in. It can be done but is not simple to do.

These are what it looks like there are 3 bulbs

I got blue 5mm LED's and resistors. I think it's going to work. I need to look at the resistors. I don't think they will handle the voltage up to 14v.

Back