Heath Ledger found Dead.

BriteCrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.smh.com.au/news/people/t...-bed-with-pills/2008/01/23/1201024937592.html

Ledger was found dead in his bed at his apartment on Broome Street, Soho, in Manhattan, by his housekeeper about 3.35pm local time.

Ledger's body was removed from his New York apartment and wheeled into the back of a medical examiner's van.

"It's all preliminary at this stage," Officer Brown said.

"We had a call for an unconscious male at 421 Broome Street.

"At 3.26pm [New York time] we got to the scene and there was an unconscious male.

"We called EMS [ambulance] to the scene and EMS pronounced the unconscious male dead.

"Preliminarily, it is believed it is the actor Heath Ledger."

Police officers stood guard at the Soho apartment building as a crowd of photographers gathered outside.

Asked about reports of the pills in Ledger's apartment, Brown said: "I can't confirm that but I've heard the same thing."

Ledger was taking sleeping pills after completing I'm Not There, in which he played one of the many incarnations of singer Bob Dylan.

He told The New York Times in a November interview that he "stressed out a little too much'' during the Dylan film, and had trouble sleeping while portraying the Joker, whom he called a "psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy".

"Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night," Ledger told the Times.

"I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going."

He said he took two Ambien pills, which only worked for an hour, the paper said.

A sad day for Batman fans who have seen the trailer with his MASTERFUL portrayal of The Joker.

God Bless his family.

...Hopefully Mikey can take the news.

28, fame, good looks, cash, credibility with his work..........................if he took his own life..........I have a strong opinion about that.

I feel bad for his family, friends and kid.

patrick

wheredwhogo? said:
i have no clue who this guy is......

I'm with you, nor do I care.

There were hundreds of people that died in the US yesterday. This guy made the news only because he was quasi famous. As far as I'm concerned he was no more important than the other people that died yesterday.

My wife thinks I'm cold hearted for feeling this way. Maybe I am.:dontknow:

Silverback said:

There were hundreds of people that died in the US yesterday. This guy made the news only because he was quasi famous. As far as I'm concerned he was no more important than the other people that died yesterday.

i agree....who gives a rats ass??:dontknow: :dontknow:

Movie Star living in NY....

He was a nomal guy that lived in Brooklyn until he recently seperated from his girlfriend and moved to NYC. He had a daughter with the girlfriend and was very close with her apparently.

He was in movies

The Patriot - Mel Gibson oldest son
First Knight
Brokeback mountain
a few others

And recently starred as the Joker in the new Batman movie The Dark Knight

Its sad, but I am with John on this one as well...

Lots os speculation that drugs were involved but they also said he had pneumonia and was untreated for it.

RIP.

Silverback said:

While I semi agree with you, It is pretty cold. You share condolences with all that post deaths that affect them. Celebrity deaths affect many people in different ways. While you turn the cold shoulder on the fact he's in the news because he's a celebrity, remember that he has family and friends as well as just fans.

I posted this here because I personally feel it's tragic for someone so young, with so much to look forward to to pass from disease, or from overdosing (As of this morning it's a well known fact he's been on prescription sleep aids - legitly from the hectic work schedule and mental issues of associating with a character like the one he recently portrayed).

While he is a celebrity, he's not one that you hear of often in tabloids and paparazzi photos and getting arrested for various things. While I'm not here to judge people or say he was a good person, there are plenty of celebrities that I think are trash.

This is opinionated... while I enjoy life, I don't take it lightly. It's too short for that. Stories like these put me in touch with my own mortality.

This will sound extremely corny, but as a huge Batman fan (Batman lost his parents very young, as did I, he's not just a super hero figure to me) - I'm sorry that he's gone.

Silverback said:

I do agree with you sir. Many died yesterday and the day before.. Some will die today AND tomorrow. His fame and millions doesn't raise him up above the rest who suffered death on the same day his judgement arrived. I do feel saddened for his child though. :dontknow: This is an example of how millions cannot ensure one happiness and perfection.

Annu Kumar said:
why would he take his own life if he's got Millions, Fame, :dontknow:

With the number of musicians and actors that kick it, you'd think sudden wealth and fame are actually a recipe for an early grave. I don't think us regular joes have any idea how much pressure and stress are heaped upon some of these people. Add to that the loss of your private life and you'd have a ticking time bomb with most people.

It just doesn't matter how much stuff you have, or how much the public says they love you (although, I'm sure there's a bunch of hate mail, stalkers, and other disturbing crap these people get to deal with as well). It just isn't enough to offset the despair and depression many of them have.

while i'm sorry for his family,what did he do for others?(feed the hungry,help the homeless?)for his death to dominate the head lines is crazy.how many military persons have died lately with as little as a peep on the news.we hold actors,sports stars way to high.

BriteCrawler said:
While I semi agree with you, It is pretty cold. You share condolences with all that post deaths that affect them. Celebrity deaths affect many people in different ways. While you turn the cold shoulder on the fact he's in the news because he's a celebrity, remember that he has family and friends as well as just fans.

I posted this here because I personally feel it's tragic for someone so young, with so much to look forward to to pass from disease, or from overdosing (As of this morning it's a well known fact he's been on prescription sleep aids - legitly from the hectic work schedule and mental issues of associating with a character like the one he recently portrayed).

While he is a celebrity, he's not one that you hear of often in tabloids and paparazzi photos and getting arrested for various things. While I'm not here to judge people or say he was a good person, there are plenty of celebrities that I think are trash.

This is opinionated... while I enjoy life, I don't take it lightly. It's too short for that. Stories like these put me in touch with my own mortality.

This will sound extremely corny, but as a huge Batman fan (Batman lost his parents very young, as did I, he's not just a super hero figure to me) - I'm sorry that he's gone.

The people I share condolences with here on this site are people I have gotten to know from this site. Some I have had the honor and pleasure of meeting, some I have not, yet.

Right or wrong, that is the difference that I see.

And this is not intended to argue with you. I'm just explaining how I look at these types of things.

Oh hell, may as well go all the way.

To me, people that get all wrapped up in the lives and deaths or famous people are missing something in their own lives. I could really care less who is pregnate, sleeping/dating whoever, and where they vacationed. I personally would not go two feet out of my way to meet any of them.

But then I'm a f*cking ape, and who cares what I think.;) :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back