Hello everyone!

Alikazam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heya,

I just wanted to say hello to everyone here. Mad props to the Ram SRT-10 trucks and owners. I don't have one of them, per-se, but there is something in the works.

My vehicles are a 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 6-speed with a Vortech V3 Supercharger and cat-back exhaust and cat-less mid pipes. She's run a 12.66 @ 112.05 so far with a soggy launch on 20" drag radials (1.95 60'). I really need to upgrade my CV axles and put some good rubber back there to make her stick.

I also have a '76 F150 I keep down in Louisiana for when I'm at work. Stock-ish 390FE and C6 auto, 4x4 NP203 w/manual hub conversion.

Lastly, my '72 Dodge Van, Tradesman 100, 360 small block with a lot done to it plus NOS SuperPowerShot nitrous kit on it. She turns 340 whp N/A, 438 with the nitrous. Has run a best of 12.13 @ 107.06 lifting before the stripe (broke out!) on a over pressured nitrous bottle (1200 psi). On a 950 psi bottle she's done a best of 12.25 @ 110.7.

Here's where the viper truck part comes in. I am aquiring a wrecked '05 ram SRT-10 RC that I will be parting a lot out of and going to keep the engine to drop into the van. I will probably be doing a lot of searching on this forum and others and asking some questions that may be silly to some but I hope to find out. Any help would be appreciated! I'm thinking a 4L80E with hand held stand alone programmer is going to be the way to go for this also. My van has a custom built 9" ford rear already and upgraded axles. On street trim she runs 28" tall rear tires as well, and 3.70:1 rear gears.

What stall do you all think would be best for something like this? Curb weight empty should be around 4100 lbs or so, assuming the Viper V10 from the ram is no heavier than the 360. My goal is 11.5 to 11.99 N/A and 15 mpg on the freeway. :) Let me know what you all think! Also, if someone knows the overall width of the V10 and length so I can plan what I have to do to make it fit, that would also be great! Thanks again. Peace out!

Big job ahead of you. I am sure someone can answer your questions. Good luck and welcome to the VTCOA.

Sounds like a fun project, should be a great sleeper. Someone told me the engine mounts for the viper and 360 were the same, he may of been full of it I haven't checked for my self. Any pics of the van?

lol, here are some pics of the Van as is (currently getting a paint job) click on thumbnails for larger view:

Current 360 with Nitrous.

VanMotorIn8.jpg

welcome! :)

there is a ton of threads here that you can review that will be helpful.....

i think i've met you before @ an lx forums GTG, luis owned the black srt10:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vd7rEGwbAY&feature=player_embedded]HOOTERS/PIR - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1VXpaFW6c8&feature=player_embedded]hOOTERS PIR - YouTube[/ame]

A side shot of the van's 360 engine during the last round of upgrades a few years back (2006 I think?).

VanMotorIn6.jpg

Last edited:
GREAT lookin van! Dodges vans were the best body style, IMO.... especially the "shorty" round headlight versions like yours. Should be a sweet project. :rock:

Welcome to the madness. :D

Also if you guys are interested, you can see video of my van drag racing on my youtube channel (user alikazam2000). :)

Welcome bro and if you get stuck try getting in contact with the people who run the vanny nationals. Just read about a guy putting a z06 motor out of a 2010 vette into a mid 70s van. Anyways good luck and sounds like a kick ass project:rock:

A couple pictures my buddy sent me as the wreck showed up at his place today! Looks pretty good :)

Van is done with paint finally. I'm still at work in Louisiana, but my bro sent me this cell phone pic!

VanNewPaint1.jpg

Thanks! coming from the TOTY that means a lot! :) Now I gotta stuff that v10 in there... weatherstripping needs replacement first though! lol

Hey dude, I know you.

15mph???? The best we've got with ours on the highway was high 11's. :D

I just don't turn on the estimated mpg thingie on the overhead console & it's just like driving any other truck, lol.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back