Hello! New member with exhaust question.

WSB21

Reaction score
Hello,

I just purchased an 05 Black QC with 30K mi on it. Been looking at these trucks for a couple weeks and pulled the trigger. Got it yesterday and love it. Only issue is that I purchased the truck out of state and had it shipped to me. The dealer did an excellent job repersenting the truck to me and I cant be happier. The only issue is that it seems to sound a little different then the models I test drove. I crawled under there and looked at the exhaust but I dont know what a stock set up looks like. It appears that the tubing from just about the front tires all the way back is newer then the rest. From what I can tell, it looks like after the exhaust manifold, there are two cats on each side the rest is staight tube all the way til after the rear axle at which there is a small muffler. Is this a cat back system? I looked an could not find a label anywhere. I tried a seach but it looks like there are not alot of pictures of stock exhaust systems on here. Can anyone help with describing the stock exhaust or tell me where to look to tell if its a cat back?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

tim

Tim, sounds like you have a cat back system (is it three inch or 2.5???) and a resonator just before the tips. Someone has deleted the muffler.

Where did the truck come from...someone here probably knows the history on it...

You have come to the right place for answers and fun.

Welcome and enjoy...

Congratulations...Welcome to the RBC. Ask plenty of questions we have some brilliant azzzzholes on here.

Welcome aboard...

Thanks for the replies. If I had better access, I would have crawled under and taken a pic of it. The truck was purchased from Fayetteville AR at Fayetteville Auto Park. Has about 27K on it. Other then that , it looks mostly stock other then the viper one piece mat in front and back.

I know of two black 05 QC's that where sold recently Scotts had viper mural on hood the other sat on a lot in Greenbrier Ar for a couple months until the lot closed I don't know what happened to that one but it had a viper powered emblem (same as on the hood) on the tailgate under SRT-10 emblem

No murals or aftermarket emblems. Everthing is stock for the most part. Ill get pics soon. Thanks for the input. Ive been tryin to read just about everyhting I can on here and there is some great input.

Firstly, welcome to the asylum....

Second: cut out all yer cats and add any mufflers you like.

D

Yea, the tips look stock. I found a stock exhaust on ebay with some pics and it does not look like mine. So at least I know its not stock. Either way, im good with it. It sounds a little meatier but not too crazy. I guess my only concern is if I get a tune.

Welcome to the party!!! Saved yourself $500 minimum with the purchase, exhaust is already taken care of:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back