Hellwig Rear Sway bars on Quad cab

weldedhemi

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Hellwig rear sway bar will fit on the SRT-10 quad cab??

I know my traction bars fit but need to know about the rear sway.

Hellwig says no but I don't trust that.

I thought the quad cab was the same rear suspension as the Ram.

Help!

Here's the sway on my truck.

Attachments

• hellwig 7651 on bobs truck.bmp
    672.8 KB · Views: 2,158
Last edited:
go for jmb, they have front and rear sway but idk if it will fit QC but you can try ask them

Sway Bar

weldedhemi said:
Here's the sway on my truck.

I can't tell from the pic but is your truck a QC or RC? 05 or 06? I see that your spare has been removed...can you keep the spare and still use the sway bar or do you have to lose the spare?

Thanks!

JR_PRO said:
I can't tell from the pic but is your truck a QC or RC? 05 or 06? I see that your spare has been removed...can you keep the spare and still use the sway bar or do you have to lose the spare?

Thanks!

Keep in mind that my truck is NOT an SRT-10, just a Ram.
It's an '03 Hemi Ram and I did remove the spare. The hellwig rear sway does work with the 20" spare but barely.
Your 22" spare might not work.

Got it...thanks for the info. I need to go look at the spare on my truck but I think other have said it is a 20" spare on the SRT10's. Did you have to drill any holes on your frame for the sway bar to fit?

Thanks!

JR_PRO said:
Got it...thanks for the info. I need to go look at the spare on my truck but I think other have said it is a 20" spare on the SRT10's. Did you have to drill any holes on your frame for the sway bar to fit?

Thanks!

No drilling with the hellwig! Is the diameter of the SRT-10 axle larger than the Ram? I know you guys have the Dana.

I think the SRT10 axle is larger because I have heard others refer to it is a Dana 60 Super HD if I got it right. I just checked out Helwigs site and the Hotchkis site as well. It does look like the Helwig does not have to drill but it goes out toward the rear and may cause problems with the spare. The Hotchkis goes toward the front of the truck and mounts on the pre-drilled holes on the bottom of the shock mounts. With the Hotchkis you do have to drill a small hole in the frame because the sway bar goes toward the front of the truck.

Anyone have any comments as to whether a sway bar performs better going forwards or to the rear? As far as the Hotchkis is concerned...would anyone have any issues drilling a 5/8" hole in the frame for the end links to attach to it?

Anyone install a set of rear Sway Bars on a 05-06 QC SRT10? What about a rear sway bar off of a RC SRT10...would it fit?

Any comments???

Thanks!

Anybody with a QC running any brand of rear sway bar???

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back