Help....Clutch Question

doneo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to install a new clutch and flywheel so while we were at it I did the Viper master/slave upgrade. Everything feels great right now while I'm breaking it in, but the clutch pedal sits a lot higher than it did before.....I'm assuming my shop did something wrong with the shims, but I don't really have any idea....can someone here help me with this issue? is it normal? was it installed incorrectly? can it be adjusted? Somebody?

You need to get a shim for the slave on the firewall where the pedal is connected.

Yes its normal with the Viper GenII slave upgrade Donnie...I did not end up shimming mine from the firewall..just kinda got used to it...

Just unbolt it (inside the cab,also have to dis-connect it from pedal) and install 3/8" to 1/2" spacers on the studs and re-install.I machined mine fron aluminum round stock(I am VERY picky !),but washers will work fine.The 3/8" will get you close and the 1/2" will be almost exact.The drawback to the 1/2" spacing is you won't be able to engage the NYLOCK portion of the nut.I just used a little blue Loctite.

Hope this helps. :D

RedSrt007 said:
1/2" is what the specs are to bring it back to stock, and longer hex bolts w/ nuts...

-Red

I thought the bolts were part of the assembly itself ? :dontknow: I'll have to look at mine closer tomorrow.

HOT RAM said:
I thought the bolts were part of the assembly itself ? :dontknow: I'll have to look at mine closer tomorrow.

nope, not on the srt-10 car replacement... :)

At first the higher pedal felt really crappy but now that I am use to it I think it is better for racing.

I had to shim it....kept kneeing myself in the chin :D

Agree, you need longer bolts to get it safely to stock height. I shimmed it but left enough threads to still hit the poly lock on the nut. Its about a 1/2" higher than the brake pedal. Much better than before and will go back in the next few weeks and swap out those bolts to bring it down to the stock location ;)

;) LOLOLOL Wonder why?:D :p

Doneo they should have two shims in the tranny , or possibly just one.

On the pedal they are right, but you can put a 3/8 inch or a tad larger shim of washers or whatever you prefer between the master cylinder and the firewall and it will feel normal again., and you want have to replace the studs

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back