help needed with headers info

aussie damo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gday every one
im after some help and measurements with the steering and headers clearance.
Im in Australia and my 10 is rhd.
there seems to be a lack of room between steering and headers.
im trying to see if I can use lhd headers instead of getting some custom made ones which are $2500 au
Are the left and right set up the same distance from the block. I will post some pics for a reference.

thanks in advance
damo

This reay depends on the brand of Headers.

The Mopar headers (no longer in production) were hard to install on lhd trucks,
They may work good in yours, as the problematic area was more on the driver side.

B&B run quite close to the block on both sides.

Maybe Batram can help you out. He has a RHD conversion and i bet he runs headers, if i am not mistaken.....

Cheers

Arne

I would contact Belanger & Billy Boat (B&B) to see if they make headers for your situation. They are both located here in Phoenix & are nice guys. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

I have Billy boat on my 10. I will try to remember to get some pics for you of the right side. There isn't alot of room but the billy boat hug the block pretty good. The Batram has billy boat complete to the back so that might be your best bet

Our motors sit to the left of the engine bay several inches so it is going to be tight in that side - especially now since your steering arm is in there as well. I have seen a few people run the stock exhaust manifolds and tie in an aftermarket exhaust behind them and get good results. For the cost of custom headers I don't see a very good "bang for the buck" result.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back