Help! Stuck on side of road

Evictor306

Reaction score
This is my luck. And I'm sure ill catch hell for this. I've been adjusting my tv cable like I saw on this site. My truck was shifting weird. So I was adjusting it bit by bit when on this last adjustment the little plastic clip shot off and is now lost somewhere in the engine bay. By the passenger tire area. I've looked for 30 min. No luck. I'm on the side of the road. Is the truck safe to drive home? Or will that mess something up?

I would guess you could drive it slowly and it should still shift.

This is my luck. And I'm sure ill catch hell for this. I've been adjusting my tv cable like I saw on this site. My truck was shifting weird. So I was adjusting it bit by bit when on this last adjustment the little plastic clip shot off and is now lost somewhere in the engine bay. By the passenger tire area. I've looked for 30 min. No luck. I'm on the side of the road. Is the truck safe to drive home? Or will that mess something up?

Yes you can drive it home although shifting may be way late. Maybe just move truck up 10 feet and see if you can find clip since I dunno if its available separately :(

Well Im home. Thanks for the quick replies. No luck on finding the clip. PISS! The truck actually shifted better than it was before. No shifting from 2nd to 3rd then back to 2nd again. Wow, the whole cable? Where would I look for one of those?

Well Im home. Thanks for the quick replies. No luck on finding the clip. PISS! The truck actually shifted better than it was before. No shifting from 2nd to 3rd then back to 2nd again. Wow, the whole cable? Where would I look for one of those?

Your shifting issue is your electronics outside the valve body area. Your Governor Pressure Solenoid primarily but change all and filter/fluid while there. Your TV is holding shifts longer therefore kinda overriding the "Shuttle Shift" issue. Masking it really :)

Thanks again. Had to order the whole cable from the local Dodge Dealership. $43.00, and wont be here till Wednesday! :eek:

Sadly, compared to other crap that breaks on our trucks, $43 sounds really cheap lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back