HELP with the Roe Throttle body!!!

Jeff Kehoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have everthing apart, and it was going smooth UNTIL I tried to put on the flapper inside of the throttle body. It wont move at all once i put a screw in it. maybe its too big? But it fits fine when there are no screws in it?
Any ideas???
Thanks Jeff

like the blade it self Won't fit in when it's screwd down on to the throttle body shaft?

Mine was kinda testy but i got it after a few tries

Yes like that! Almost as if the screw holes were off center, not bad, but it seems that way.
Ill keep trying.
Jeff

make sure that there the shaft slids in is clean out i know mine had some play in it and didn't really work until i got the Spring back on it...

ALSO when you do get it all put together make sure you locktite the screws and Scar them on the back side where the threads are at just like it says in the instructions.. i sucked one of the screws down my intake and have been without my truck going on 5 months now

Ok, all is together, BUT the damn thing Revs up to about 3k then settles down to only 2k? I guess Throttle position senson. but I installed it the same way it came off.
Any ideas on that?
Thanks
Jeff

Jeff Kehoe said:
Ok, all is together, BUT the damn thing Revs up to about 3k then settles down to only 2k? I guess Throttle position senson. but I installed it the same way it came off.
Any ideas on that?
Thanks
Jeff

Some have fixed this by unhooking the battery for about 10 minutes so the PCM could reset. Start and let idle for a few minutes.

Spring is tight and the idle screw completely out of the way. I unhooked the battery for 15 minutes, still idles up aournd 2500.
Anything else I should try?
Thanks
Jeff

Bought a new throttle position sensor and no luck. What vacuum lines? where are the ones I should check? I put the one on the bottom back on, the senson in the air intake in crank breather line in. what else can i check?
Thanks a bunch
Jeff

Are you sure you put the TPS in correctly?? Did you pre load the spring??

Also, If you change the TPS you need to go through the setiin procedure.

There was a thread that had the instructions from dave at Roe!!

Well, I talked to Dave at Roe, and he told me what to look for.

BUT the real issue now is that one of the bearing for the throttle body broke in 2. Does anyone have one I can buy or a full set?? I dont want to go to the dealer by me as they might ask why I need it.
Thanks Jeff

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back